Navigator - Should we change to an aft cabin?

I had posted earlier about balcony cabins. We have an E1 balcony mid ship on deck 7. The corner aft cabin 7388 is available.

We have never been in an aft cabin and was wondering if it is better then the standard balcony cabin? Also, what is the view when looking straight down when standing at the balcony? Do you just look at the back of the ship or can you see straight down to the water?

Need the pros/cons (the only con I could think of was the walk to the front of the ship but that doesn't bother us). Also, from the deck plan, it looks like the balcony is the same size as the others.

Any input would be appreciated.

I had posted earlier about balcony cabins. We have an E1 balcony mid ship on deck 7. The corner aft cabin 7388 is available.

We have never been in an aft cabin and was wondering if it is better then the standard balcony cabin? Also, what is the view when looking straight down when standing at the balcony? Do you just look at the back of the ship or can you see straight down to the water?

Need the pros/cons (the only con I could think of was the walk to the front of the ship but that doesn't bother us). Also, from the deck plan, it looks like the balcony is the same size as the others.

Any input would be appreciated.

Grab it as soon as you can. The balcony is very very big. You can see straight down to the water from the side. Looking directly back you will see some of the ship.But still an amazing expansive view.

Thanks....I'm calling RCCL in about 1/2 hr when they open to change cabins.

Is the cabin the same size as the standard cabins w/ just a bigger balcony?

Is there more shade/overhang with the aft balcony? We live in FL so sitting out in the sun isn't as important as a wonderful view.

I know if you just do a search in the RCCL section for the cabin number, or use the flip/flop number you will come up with lots of photos. The balcony is HUGE!

We had wanted that one for our upcoming cruise and it was open but the rest of our group would have been on a different deck or other end of Deck 7 and I got outvoted, so we're aft on deck 9 so we can all be together.

YOU WILL LOVE IT!!!!

Love that 7388 balcony - it's bigger than the stateroom. Twice we hosted an informal M&M for 20 people and there was plenty of room. Love the 270 degree view. For us the superstructure only enhanced the experience - it framed the view and made it more interesting.

You can only look straight down to the water from the porthole side. Otherwise you are looking at the back of the ship in the immediate foreground.

Archived