Kids Sail Free - I Can't Wait

patseacruiser

Are there any special offers, kids pay double? They would sell like hot cakes to GOSs' like me!

What is GOS? Maybe try a different cruiseline because of this promotion the other lines might be an almost adult only cruise.

Michelle so this has happened before?

When was the last time?

I thought this was the first?

I wonder if RCCL and Carnival have specials like this.

I bet they have one soon since NCL did it

No, RCI and Carnival have never had "Kids Sail Free" -- Disney and HAL have. The closest RCI got was a $99 sale back in like 2006 or 2007. :rolleyes:

Yes, NCL has done this before. I posted about this one back in 2008. I think there was one in 2009 but not 100% positive.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=774060

My kids are excited too,.

They cant wait. I know there going to be happy when they go to atlantis and the private island.

We LOVE Atlantis. You'll never see it all in one day, there is just so much -- you'll be amazed. We've been back 3 times and I know we still haven't done it all.

And any private island is a great day!

Have a wonderful cruise! :D

:( So...here goes-

We are booked on Epic for one of the available dates, I contacted my TA and asked to have her check into this promo. Part of our changes were to add an adult and move my 1 yr. old son from Nana's room to Mom and Dad's. So we have 2 cabins, with 1 adults each and one child.

Now- when I look at our $$$, it has my son as "fare" $160 and "taxes/ fees" $95... I asked why he isn't $0 and she says that is port charges...

Does that sound true? I'm thinking it's utter bs, but don't want to have a cow if I'm totally off base. :o

Any advice? Thanks!!!

MelMazz --Look at your port fees and govt taxes -- it should be the EXACT same as your son's.

The FARE is $0 but NCL can't get rid of the port fees/govt taxes. And that's where my savings was. My cruise on RCI, the 3/4 rate was $899 EACH CHILD and then I was paying port fees and taxes. On NCL Gem, each child is $0 and I am only paying port fees/taxes -- so I saved $1,800.

Thanks crusinmama06. We finally got everything straightened out yesterday. :) We saved a smidge more...but WOW, $1800! That is AWESOME!

**Fingers crossed sales like this come around once or twice more in the future when we (hopefully) have more kids who are older! Yowzers! :D

Archived