Kids Sail Free - I Can't Wait

patseacruiser

Are the rates for your cabin the same as when you booked? Your TA may be able to swing it but if it involves rebooking, (which it probably will since this promo must be booked between May 1st and 7th) you will be paying the current rates for the first two people in order to get the kids free. Just make sure before they do anything, you are sure that the new total will be less than the old. You will still be paying taxes and port fees for the "free" children. You may also lose any OBC you currently have.

Definitely good advice and it will be well heeded! Thank you.

I'm also wondering where on NCL.com I can find the info? I know that someone posted a link but it is a pdf of all of the sailings included. Is there something basic online that I'm missing? My TA is asking for something and the list of ships/dates probably won't be enough for him to search further.

Thanks again!

Kids Sail Free Launches May 01st

Norwegian's Kids Sail Free offer launches May 01st

Promotion details are..Offer: Kids 17 years old at time of sailing, or younger, sailing in the third or fourth berth, cruise free on select sailings

Destinations: Alaska, Bahamas & Florida, Bahamas 3 & 4 nights, Bermuda, Canada & New England, Caribbean, Europe, Hawai`i, Repositioning cruises

Booking Window: May 1 - May 7, 2011

Program Code: EASYFARE

Kids Sail Free Launches May 01st

Norwegian's Kids Sail Free offer launches May 01st

Promotion details are..Offer: Kids 17 years old at time of sailing, or younger, sailing in the third or fourth berth, cruise free on select sailings

Destinations: Alaska, Bahamas & Florida, Bahamas 3 & 4 nights, Bermuda, Canada & New England, Caribbean, Europe, Hawai`i, Repositioning cruises

Booking Window: May 1 - May 7, 2011

Program Code: EASYFARE

Thanks Erdoran

I would always call to double check whether I can get a better deal. I've just ran into these problems in the past. Since I am getting $300 OBC for booking a suite at least 9 months in advance, now that it is only 6 months until my cruise, I was told if I add further promotions or price drops I would loose the $300 OBC. (Both by a PCC and a TA)

Some PCC's or TA's may be able to perform magic and get around this so I would always check. I just don't complain when they tell me what the results would be. Last time the price dropped about $100 but I wasn't about to lose $300 to "save" $100

I would always call to double check whether I can get a better deal. I've just ran into these problems in the past. Since I am getting $300 OBC for booking a suite at least 9 months in advance, now that it is only 6 months until my cruise, I was told if I add further promotions or price drops I would loose the $300 OBC. (Both by a PCC and a TA)

Some PCC's or TA's may be able to perform magic and get around this so I would always check. I just don't complain when they tell me what the results would be. Last time the price dropped about $100 but I wasn't about to lose $300 to "save" $100

That is exactly my philosophy too. I told my TA that if I have to give up too much in order to 'gain' the kids free promo, then it just isn't worth it. I'm booked at a decent rate now in comparison to the book price so it really is a crap shoot. If I get something, great ... if not, I'm still happy:)

It will be interesting to see if the prices go up before the promotion starts next week. I have noticed this in the past, but they might just need more bookings. Good luck to all that are planning to book or change their bookings.:) Our October 22 cruise is included in the listing of eligible dates, but there is no way my step-daughter will take our grandkids (9 & 12) out of school to cruise. They are in school on all available dates.

I'm guessing this is for new bookings... has anyone else cancelled and re-booked there cruise for a promotion like this? I am booked for a cruise in November with two kids under 17. Have a mini suite so would love to save the extra money. :confused:

I'm guessing this is for new bookings... has anyone else cancelled and re-booked there cruise for a promotion like this? I am booked for a cruise in November with two kids under 17. Have a mini suite so would love to save the extra money. :confused:

Sunday morning check the rates for the cruise you have booked. If they are the same or only slightly higher call your TA/PCC, whoever you booked with and find out if the new deal will be better for you. Sometimes when it says new bookings only they will still rebook you to get the new deal. If you booked with a TA, also ask what fees you may have to pay to cancel and rebook. NCL does not have any charges for changes made before final payment so if you booked direct with them, you don't have to worry about extra charges. Just make sure if you currently have any OBC that you won't loose it if you rebook. Good Luck!

My boyfriend & I saw our travel agent yesterday. While we were there, he did call NCL & they said we should wait for May 1st & then they can 'work some magic'! On all the promo's that have been going on the last few months, I have NOT had to cancel & rebook to recieve the promos! BUT this is my case, not everyone & everyones TA's are the same! So we will call our TA next week & HOPEFULLY my daughter can be free.

I also forgot, in the excitment of booking our cruise in February, my daughter is currently in preschool. So missing a week of school isn't that much of a big deal. But I forgot, come the fall, she will be in kindergarten, so she will be missing a week of school. I feel bad, but we do NEED family vacation!!

I called NCL today and of course they do not want to give many details to the kids sail free promo. Free never seems to be really "free". We do not have a current booking, but were looking into one of the suites. The rep did not know if the kids would be free in this type of room. Does anyone know?

He did say for sure that the promo only applies to 3rd and 4th passengers and that port charges and taxes still apply.

Update: My TA checked and I'd have to cancel, rebook at the current rate in order to get the kids free promo. I don't think I'd be any further ahead doing it as I'm booked at a decent rate and I have an OBC already.

Good luck to others though - hope you can take advantage of it!

If they won't give you your obc or a refund, you can still cancel and rebook.:D

My husband and I just booked the Epic for 12/3/11 (Family Balcony with daughter age 7 and son age 5) last week. We will be able to get OBC or refunded?

This is our first time on NCL and we booked directly through them.

Third and fourth passengers only.

Slim pickings for those avoiding children like the plague LOL. I hope I never hate kids enough to limit myself so narrowly in my choice of dates...

Because of course if you want to have a week of calm cruising without half the ship filled with children you clearly have to "hate" kids.

:rolleyes:

If they won't give you your obc or a refund, you can still cancel and rebook.:D

Just make sure the total cost is less. Since they only booked last week, they should make out better, UNLESS the rates are higher next week. You never know.

I asked an online TA if the Kids Sail Free Promo will include the suites.....this is their response posted on FB. (minus their name)

Hi Peggy,

TA "X" commented on their status.

TA "X" wrote: "@Peggy - The Terms and Conditions NCL has provided for us do not specify that it is not applicable to suites. We would guess that it would be applicable as NCL has flattened their pricing on 3rd+ passenger in the cabin."

Of course, no will know for absolute sure until May 1, but it looks like the 3/4 passengers (within the age requirements) sail free will be included for suites.

Added our kids to our Oct cruise we weren't going to bring them but our price only went up $40 per adult and the Kids were $150 each. Now if only they had kids fly free:) $700 airfare:( Oh well still a good deal. When is Jersey Week?

Hi All

Does anyone know if I could bring my nephew on the kids sail free program cruise so my son will have someone to hang out with

Thanks

Ed

Sure, just make sure you have the paperwork completed that is required to show you have his parents permission to take him out of and back into the US.:)

Archived