Diamond Princess - no Int'l Cafe - similar offerings available?

BillK400

I see where the Diamond Princess does not have an International Cafe. I was wondering if they have similar offerings (speciality coffees, salads, sandwiches, pasteries, etc.) at other locations outside of having to go to a dinning area? Was on a Princess cruise a couple of years ago and enjoyed the offerings from the IC without having to go to a dinning area.

Thanks

I see where the Diamond Princess does not have an International Cafe. I was wondering if they have similar offerings (speciality coffees, salads, sandwiches, pasteries, etc.) at other locations outside of having to go to a dinning area? Was on a Princess cruise a couple of years ago and enjoyed the offerings from the IC without having to go to a dinning area.

Thanks

Not really - there is the usual coffee bar with cookies/pastries, but nothing truly equivalent to the IC.

Thanks

In the Lobby Bar I believe you can get specialty coffees & a limited selection of pastries. You'd have to go to the 24 hour buffet for other items similar to those offered in the IC.

The Diamond doesn't have the IC yet, but will be getting one with her next dry dock, probably in 2013 or so. In the meantime, there's the Lobby Bar where you can get specialty coffee and little pastries, although the latter aren't the same as the IC. No salads or sandwiches. :(

We were on the Diamond's sister, the Sapphire, this month. In the morning specialty coffees were available both at the Lobby Bar on Plaza Deck and Crooners Bar on the Promenade Deck. Fresh brewed coffee was also available at both locations throughout the day. A limited selection of pastries were available in the morning at both locations and a selection of small sandwiches was added around lunch time. The offering available was much like is served for afternoon tea. The Diamond might be similar.

Archived