Past Guest Party

cuteflyygirl

Hello Everyone! DH and I are sailing on Carnival Destiny and this will be our second cruise WOOHOO, and I've learned they have a past guest party? Will we receive an invite to this or do you just go to it? Also what happens at this event and is there a dress code? If anyone knows what day it takes places and any other info that will be greatly appreciated!

:)

Hello Everyone! DH and I are sailing on Carnival Destiny and this will be our second cruise WOOHOO, and I've learned they have a past guest party? Will we receive an invite to this or do you just go to it? Also what happens at this event and is there a dress code? If anyone knows what day it takes places and any other info that will be greatly appreciated!

You will receive an invitation delivered to your cabin. The time and day is different on each ship but usually late afternoon. On my last cruise it was a port day and was to tired to attend. No dress code.

Is your cruise 5 days or longer? There will only be a past guest party if you're on board for a 5 day or longer. They will come around with free drinks (I know there were blue margaritas, yellow birds, whiskey sours, beer, and red and white wine....I am sure there were others, but I am remember those off the top of my head), there is usually some free entertainment, they play a video where you cheer for the other ships you have been on, and there is usually a raffle of sorts. It's usually a nice relaxed atmosphere - any attire will be fine (well except your swim suit).

Ours was on day 3 of the 5 day cruise, you will get an invite to it in your cabin and they will also tell you about it at check in. :)

You will get an invite in your cabin a couple night before more than likely. To my experience, they usually hold them on one of the 'elegant' nights. I've hit and missed these. Went to the first few and then it all depends on what else we may be doing as it's the same same for us. But for your first time you should enjoy it. They usually have free cocktails, however I've heard that may have changed. Anyone feel free to correct me. And in past they have shown some past films of Carnival cruises, passengers ..a little history.

Hope this helps...I'm sure you will get more info too. :)

All of the above info is correct. I've usually found it to be more of an "infomercial" than anything else, although as noted, they do give you free drinks. They make it pleasant, and show slides, or films of the Carnival Fleet, and "toot the horn" for new Carnival ships that are being delivered in the future. I seldom go anymore, but it is worthwhile,,,especially if you're new to the Carnival family.

"SKY"

As others have posted, you will get an invitation in your stateroom. Dress code is whatever you are wearing to dinner. Our past guest party was on a Tuesday, a casual dinner night, so we wore shorts, DH wore a polo and I wore a nice shirt.

Know that you can order any kind of drink at the past guest party. You don't have to accept what's on the tray. I ordered Kiss on the Lips, DH ordered beer, and the server kept bringing them to us. There are also appetizers served.

I like the past guest parties. The band plays music, then the cruise director talks. A video showing all the ships plays in the background and people applaud the ships they've sailed.

Enjoy!

Know that you can order any kind of drink at the past guest party. You don't have to accept what's on the tray. I ordered Kiss on the Lips, DH ordered beer, and the server kept bringing them to us. There are also appetizers served..Enjoy!

was this on a recent cruise?

On the Pride in February we were only allowed what was on the tray- and could not have another until we turned in our "other" glass.

(drinks were terribly watered down- I had 4 and am not a drinker.) (they were also warm- will be the last past quest party we will attend

was this on a recent cruise?

On the Pride in February we were only allowed what was on the tray- and could not have another until we turned in our "other" glass.

(drinks were terribly watered down- I had 4 and am not a drinker.) (they were also warm- will be the last past quest party we will attend

We were on Dream 4/2-4/16 and both weeks we ordered what we wanted. I had Dewar's and soda and DH had rum and coke. I asked for 2 each when he first took our order. We did tip the waiter a couple of bucks each time so he kept bringing them. We finally had to tell him to stop as we each had 4 drinks sitting in front of us.

I guess we were lucky!

We have enjoyed these. Yes, the waiter will bring you a request... but be patient, it may take a while!

I just think its a great time to celebrate loyalty to Carnival. Our favorite part is clapping for "Our Ships" at the end!

Catrin

We just attended our first past guest party on the Liberty. The lower level of the theater was packed! There were plenty of waiters serving drinks. Each had a tray with a variety of alcoholic selections including beer, champagne whiskey sours, rum punches and a few others I don't remember. I did not realize that you could make requests. Other waiters brought around appetizers such as bruchetta and cheese and crackers. They had a contest where they asked questions and everyone on stage had a two choices. Each question eliminated half the contestants until there was only one winner who received...................

a plastic ship on a stick and a bottle of bubbly :D. Yes, they show the movie of the history of Carnival Cruise Line and all the ships for which the audience cheers. It was scheduled for 4:15-5:00 on the last port day (Day 6). We had fun, especially after 4 drinks in 30 minutes! ;)

The day and time of the Past Guest party changes depending on what else is going on on the ship. It is not held on an elegant night and is usually in the evening but we have had a couple in the afternoon.

Yes you can get whatever drink you want whether it is aloholic or not. If the server won't give it to you then find the F&B manager who should be in the theater/lounge and you will get what you want.

We were on Dream 4/2-4/16 and both weeks we ordered what we wanted. I had Dewar's and soda and DH had rum and coke. I asked for 2 each when he first took our order. We did tip the waiter a couple of bucks each time so he kept bringing them. We finally had to tell him to stop as we each had 4 drinks sitting in front of us.

I guess we were lucky!

Hi, from down the street. Missed the party but intended to go. Lost track of time on that cruise.

You have to turn in your invitaion at the door to the lounge/theater. The card is then entered into a drawing. Some say that they bring guests and others not. You could check with Guest Services and see what they say.

Do they check you in with a list or anything? I am the only one in my party who will be a past guest and am hoping to slip my boyfriend in with me.....possibility?

i GUESS IT would depend on the ship. On our past few cruises we needed to hand in our invitation. Last cruise on the Pride the couple in front of us said they left it in the cabin- the guy told them to go get it=

Past guest parties are for past guests only.

You have to turn in your invitaion at the door to the lounge/theater. The card is then entered into a drawing. Some say that they bring guests and others not. You could check with Guest Services and see what they say.

What is the drawing for?

I went on a Carnival cruise once and am planning the second one. Is there a way I have to register so that Carnival can recognize me as a past guest? Simple question but for a newbie to Carnival....

I went on a Carnival cruise once and am planning the second one. Is there a way I have to register so that Carnival can recognize me as a past guest? Simple question but for a newbie to Carnival....

When you book another cruise there should be a section/line to put in your past guest number. If you do not have your Carnival guest number then call up the Carnival Cruise Lines customer service to get it from them.

We had my husband's number, but not mine or my daughters', so had to call up & very easily got all our numbers. Then just booked later.

We were on the Dream recently, and from the info i had gathered here, i thought it was absolutely ok to bring a guest. Me and my husband both past guests, brought each a guest (my daughter and MIL). We gave our invites at the door and they didn`t say a thing, all 4 of us went in.

I just got off the Liberty and we never received our invitation and I forgot about it:( I hope whoever did get my invite enjoyed the party:rolleyes:

I found out on Friday at tea time that it was on Thursday night.

Archived