I will never complain about RCI food again

I guess what I was trying to say was, I would MUCH rather be "stuck" on a ship than I would be "stuck" at a resort somewhere :)

I get that too!!!:D

Just wanted to point out that there are many AI resorts with lots to do, great food and when all is said and done after your OB charges, excursions, drinks, pay extra restaurants, and everything else that adds up on a cruise-a good AI is a great time at a good price.

I have cruised three times on RC and done several A1's, mostly in the Mayan Riviera. I prefer cruising to A1's but I find cruising very expensive and the A1's quite reasonable. I have cruised in a jr. suite and a grand suite, costing $1,800 to $2,400 per person plus airfare, transfers, hotel the night before the cruise, alcohol, excursions, etc. I realize I could go much cheaper if I had an inside room, but really, who wants an inside room? I want a room comparable to the A1 rooms we receive. The A1's average cost for us is under $1,500 each plus private transfers and any excursions off site we take. No comparison in cost to me. I'd like to know how some people consider cruising such an inexpensive holiday unless you live by a port and get an inside room?:confused:

I must have weird tastes. Last year I sailed on Royal Caribbean in January on Serenade then spent a week at Sandals La Toc in St. Lucia in April. Overall, I thought the food at Sandals was much better than what RC had. The buffet food on RC was better, but the other restaurants at Sandals were much better than the dining room food on RC. I liked being able to decide what type of food that I wanted - French, Italian, Caribbean, Seafood, Japanese, Medterranean, etc. then having several selections of that food type to choose from rather than picking from a limited menu with a variety of foods. I thought the food quality at Sandals was very good.

We spent less for a suite at Sandals then we normally do for a suite on a cruise ship. The suite at Sandals was much nicer and bigger than what we've had on RC or HAL.

I'm not ready to give up cruising to stay at AI's. I cruise for the ports. I like seeing a new port every day, which you can't do at an AI. An AI is really nice because you can spend more than a few hours in one location.

I must have weird tastes. Last year I sailed on Royal Caribbean in January on Serenade then spent a week at Sandals La Toc in St. Lucia in April. Overall, I thought the food at Sandals was much better than what RC had. The buffet food on RC was better, but the other restaurants at Sandals were much better than the dining room food on RC. I liked being able to decide what type of food that I wanted - French, Italian, Caribbean, Seafood, Japanese, Medterranean, etc. then having several selections of that food type to choose from rather than picking from a limited menu with a variety of foods. I thought the food quality at Sandals was very good.

We spent less for a suite at Sandals then we normally do for a suite on a cruise ship. The suite at Sandals was much nicer and bigger than what we've had on RC or HAL.

I'm not ready to give up cruising to stay at AI's. I cruise for the ports. I like seeing a new port every day, which you can't do at an AI. An AI is really nice because you can spend more than a few hours in one location.

Same here! Also were on Serenade [end of January] in a suite and next January spent one week at Beaches Turks and Caicos-also in a suite and spent less at Beaches then I did on the Serenade.

Catperson-you hit the nail on the head!!!

I too-will still do both as cruising is still a great vacation. Heck- any vacation is a good vacation to me!!!:D

We have done both several times and while crusing is my favorite , we have stayed at some AI resorts that were just great . Opinions they say are not to be argued with , never say no until you have tried something .

Attn: DICKY DONKIN...

As for assumptions........

1. You will not find grits on most US breakfast buffets unless you are in the southern states. Maybe occasionally up North, certainly not on MOST buffets.

2. LIVER....a healthy dish !!:eek: I don't think so. Most organ meats are loaded with fat and not very healthy at all.:confused:

Oh, well, Happy Cruising, whatever you choose to eat ....or not!!!

Attn: DICKY DONKIN...

As for assumptions........

1. You will not find grits on most US breakfast buffets unless you are in the southern states. Maybe occasionally up North, certainly not on MOST buffets.

2. LIVER....a healthy dish !!:eek: I don't think so. Most organ meats are loaded with fat and not very healthy at all.:confused:

Oh, well, Happy Cruising, whatever you choose to eat ....or not!!!

Four ounces of quality beef liver has no more than four or five grams of fat.

Me my DH and DD decided to try an all inclusive resort in Punta Cana. we stayed at the palm real which claims to have the finest restaurants even for the most discerning People. what a disappointment !! I have in the past been a critic of RC food. However royals windjammer is better than this resorts "finest" restaurant. I kept wishing I was on a cruise. We are counting down the days until August when we cruise again. Also the resort was $2000 per person. The drinks were also very low grade. My advice keep cruising

I use all-inclusives all the time, Mauritius and Egypt last year, Barbados and Egypt this year, over 20 all told and most of the time the food and drinks are fine. I'm a picky eater, no fat, lamb or pork. Only chicken breasts, no wings or legs. Not fond of fish (too fishy!). I've been worried about the food on the ships, having looked at the menus that have been posted. Maybe it'll be better than I'm expecting.

That is where we are going too! We went to Aventura Spa Palace for our honeymoon years ago and our friends are getting married there next week! Which Palace resort did you go to?

We were at Beach Palace. We loved it and hope to go back again!!

Archived