Carnival Dream Balcony or Aft Wrap Around Balcony?

DolfanNY

cove balcony. Or any balcony that's not mid ships on Upper or Empress deck where you can be seen from the hotubs on the Promenade deck. Aft wraps are usually great, but have a tendency to attract the light ash from the stacks.

We had an aft wrap on the Dream, on deck 8 (photos in my review, link in the signature). We've booked another aft wrap on deck 8 for September.

The balcony for the wrap on deck 9 has a full overhang and won't get much, if any, sun - so if you are looking for shade, that would work for someone.

We loved the cabin and balcony. The only negative is that there is no sofa, but that really wasn't an issue for us - it's all about the balcony. The cabin is on the small side, but we had more than enough room.

Our aft wrap on the Victory did have a sofa, and it mostly went unused. That one didn't have any loungers on the balcony which I would have enjoyed.

Hope that helps - have a fun cruise!

We had an aft wrap on the Dream, on deck 8 (photos in my review, link in the signature). We've booked another aft wrap on deck 8 for September.

The balcony for the wrap on deck 9 has a full overhang and won't get much, if any, sun - so if you are looking for shade, that would work for someone.

We loved the cabin and balcony. The only negative is that there is no sofa, but that really wasn't an issue for us - it's all about the balcony. The cabin is on the small side, but we had more than enough room.

Our aft wrap on the Victory did have a sofa, and it mostly went unused. That one didn't have any loungers on the balcony which I would have enjoyed.

Hope that helps - have a fun cruise!

I'm yet to experience the luxury of an aft wrap, but after seeing numerous pics of aft wraps, I'm shocked that you say yours didn't have a sofa. Wraps are big rooms. How on earth was there no room for a sofa? Did you possibly have a regular aft balcony, not the corner wrap?

PS - I've heard on here, if your balcony is large and can accomodate a lounger all you gotta do is ask your steward and he'll go find one and put it on your balcony.:)

EDIT: okay, just looked at your review pics. I see now what you're saying. Hmmmm..........I guess when you book an aft, your gonna use the balcony more than a sofa, LOL!

I have never sailed in an aft wrap. For our upcoming Dream I had the opportunity to book an aft wrap but after researching and the $$$ factor, I decided to just do an aft.

If you choose deck 9, not much sun as it has an overhang (as above post states) but also I have read that you do not get much air circulation on 9 due to the overhang that it gets hot and stuffy. (?)

My choice was deck 8 -cabin right next to the aft wrap on either side. These 2 cabins have a slightly larger balcony than the other afts.

The aft wrap cabins are a strange layout to me and some of the pics I have viewed the bed seems to be more of an obstacle in the center of the cabin on a diagonal leaving very little space on either side, most do not have a sofa in the cabin. If I had the extra $$$ to spend I would love to try an aft wrap at least once, but until then I just do aft :)

Archived