Balcony help!?

Boardwalk balcony.....love em or hate em? I originally thought no way....I want to sit outside in my robe, sip my coffee and watch the ocean pass by. But, the last two times we've sailed with our DD (7yrs) I haven't done any balcony sitting. We were just way too busy having fun around the ship. So, there is a 3 person Boardwalk balcony available and it is at the end of the row closest to the aqua theater. We would be able to see all of the aqua theater shows and also see the weather and some of the ocean. Any opinions? Thanks!

We had the last cabin on deck eleven on the Boardwalk on the Oasis and there is no way anyone on the rock climbing wall could see in your cabin. We have the same cabin booked in less than two weeks on the Allure. I might take an upgrade if offered though. And we have a back to back on the Oasis in October with the same cabin again so if that gives you a hint how much we like the last Boardwalk cabins.

Boardwalk balcony.....love em or hate em? I originally thought no way....I want to sit outside in my robe, sip my coffee and watch the ocean pass by. But, the last two times we've sailed with our DD (7yrs) I haven't done any balcony sitting. We were just way too busy having fun around the ship. So, there is a 3 person Boardwalk balcony available and it is at the end of the row closest to the aqua theater. We would be able to see all of the aqua theater shows and also see the weather and some of the ocean. Any opinions? Thanks!

Do not take the last rooms (or any in my opinion) if it is on deck 14 - you will have the obstruction from the crossbeam in your way. Check out these boards and links for some pictures, information and thoughts. People love them, hate them, or are indifferent. Until you try it for yourself, you will not know. I say go for it - a unique option:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1359683&highlight=

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1333564

This youtube video is of a particular cabin, but gives you an idea of what the views are like.

we never would have thought to book one of these rooms, but, after talking to a RCCI rep at a local cruise show, were turned onto these rooms. Did our research, and took this option over a Junior Suit. the views, overlooking the Aquatheater, and the ambiance of being over the Boardwalk. This is something that can only be done on the Oasis class ships - and the uniqueness sold us.

If we do not like it, we never get it again, no harm, no foul. When booking, not all the rooms came up as a selection. pull up the floor plans, know the rooms in the back of the boat and keep searching till you get to the very back. Again, do not take deck 14 from what I have read. Take the middle run, 9-12 is rumored to be good. further back the better. Enjoy!

We had a Boardwalk Balcony on Oasis and absolutely loved it! We were in cabin 12717, seven cabins in from the Aquatheater. We could see all of the shows, the ocean and the wake, people and activities on the Boardwalk, and the Johnny Rockets singing waiters. One night the bagpiper played under our balcony. We loved the location since there was always something to see and it was very lively. When we shut our balcony door, there was no excessive noise and we slept very well. One of our favorite things was to have breakfast on our balcony. We chose this cabin because it was something new that doesn't exisit on other ships (well, now it does, with Allure) and we enjoyed every minute.

We just got off the Allure (cabin 10329) last week. That cabin is at the aft end of the Boardwalk.

Absolutely NO issues with the rock climbing wall. Great viewpoint for all of the shows at the Aqua Theater! Plus you are guaranteed a seat without having to be there early.

Also there is a constant changing of the scenery with all of the activities of the Boardwalk, the entertainment at the Aqua Theater, the view of the passing ocean, and if you look up you get to see the zip liners! Plus it is the only type of balcony cabin (besides Central Park) you can get with a guarantee of no smoking!

Only two down sides.

(1)The Allure tends to run movies until late (2 AM!) and even with the balcony door closed and latched you can still hear the dialog.

(2) there is a bean bag toss game on the Boardwalk that often times kids (of all ages!) seem to think throwing the bag as hard as they can, scores more points. Constant ka-thud, ka-thud noise during the day. I suggested a rule for the game that all tosses must be made under hand.:D No such luck :rolleyes:

On balance though, an absolutely fantastic cabin location!!!:)

We have 9727 booked for our Allure cruise and so looking forward to being able to people watch on the Boardwalk, watch the festivities at the aqua theater, and watch the ocean go by. Seems most people do like these cabins. From what the others have said, the closer you are to the back of the ship, the better the view! Can't wait to see what it will look like.

Archived