Paper Luggage Tags?

MemawB.

We are cruising in eleven days and I printed out our luggage tags for Carnival online. Since they are just paper that you tape or staple onto the handle of your luggage do you think it is ok to laminate them so they will be a little sturdier since they will be thrown around somewhat getting to our rooms? I don't want to step on anyones toes doing something I am not suppose to do. Has anyone else done this before? Any information is appreciated.

We are cruising in eleven days and I printed out our luggage tags for Carnival online. Since they are just paper that you tape or staple onto the handle of your luggage do you think it is ok to laminate them so they will be a little sturdier since they will be thrown around somewhat getting to our rooms? I don't want to step on anyones toes doing something I am not suppose to do. Has anyone else done this before? Any information is appreciated.

Yes we always laminate them;)

You can do it, but it's not really necessary. Tearing 6 layers of paper is not as easy as you might think. I always fold and staple per the directions and have never had one come off. No need to spend money and time making an arts and crafts project out of it. If anything, add a few pieces of scotch tape.

I always put a layer of tape over them....would rather be safe than not have luggage. our last cruise there was a note left in every cabin on the second night looking for a lost bag...also the first night, there were tons of bags sitting outside guest services that had not tags on them.

The tags are very sturdy when you fold them and use them per directions on the tag. If it's going to be a rainy day at the port when you arrive, you can always wrap the tags in clear packing tape. We've done that before but don't worry about that anymore.

We normally just fold and attach them to our luggage with a staple gun. I usually cover the stapled area with a few wraps of clear scotch tape or packing tape to prevent the staples from coming out or scratching someone's hand.

Haved used this process for the last 15 cruises or so and have never had a problem.

Dianne

...Same here. Just follow the instructions on the paper that the luggage tags are printed on and you'll be fine. If you fold the paper the correct way, it is VERY hard to rip. I usually place two tags (one on each handle, top and side) on each piece and never had a problem. If you are flying to meet your ship, I would definitely wait until after your flight to attach your tags. ...Hope this helps...

Like the last post said. Fold it correctly and put two on each bag (in separate spots) and you'll be fine. We also put colored hair ties(a whole string of them tied together and then tied onto the luggage) to help identify them on the carrousal at the airport and also in case they become part of the missing luggage group they're easier to identify.

Many times we have seen those paper luggage tags on the floor....so we eother use packaging tape or we laminate them and use those plastic ties to secure them to the handle of our luggage. we have had no problems

Hey MemawB! DH and I will be cruising in July for the first time. Personally, I think that it took me more time to read all the many comments of this thread than it would have to get out my little crafty laminating machine and ease my mine. ;) I think that given all of the "different" opinions...I will "just do it". Have a GREAT time!!:)

i'm wondering if the carnival rep gave me wrong info.. she said those paper tags were only temporary, that they would replace them at the port. ??:confused:

they didn't replace mine - I fold and use packing tape to cover (after writing info on it) punch holes and zip tie. I also put a copy of it in outside pocket of suitcase incase it comes off - they have the info. I also include contact info in the outside pocket for airport to contact me if my regular tag is ripped off

We print 'em, fold 'em and then put them in the self-laminating plastic pouches. Just bought a pack of 4x6 pouches at Wal-Mart for $3.99. Then we secure them to our bags using the plastic cable tie/wraps, the kind you use to secure computer wires. They NEVER break.

Archived