Just back---Navigator April 15-25

Sheltieluv

Hi all

Just returned last night from our 10-night cruise on the Navigator, which included Cape Canaveral, Charleston, Bermuda, and Nassau. We were fortunate to have beautiful weather.

We had an absolutely wonderful time. Capt. McNeill was at the helm (he was leaving for vacation on the 25th) and his wife and son were on board. The staff was terrific, food was plentiful and excellent. Entertainment, (or at least the shows we saw), were very, very good.

Will post more later on. Off to unpack, do laundry, and play with our dog and cat who missed us very much (and I them!) Where's the waiter with my drink??!!:)

Wes--Thanks for the "welcome home"! My husband had a great time visiting with the former Navy and USMC guys he ran into while on board. Most of them were Korea vets. There was also a retired Admiral who was great fun; he showed up in full dress-whites the evening he dined with the Captain.

We too were fortunate enough to dine with Captain McNeill. The other people at the table were Platinum-level. This was only our 2nd cruise with Regent. The others were retired executives and lawyers. Us?--a blue-collar sheet-metal fabricator and a retired teacher. When we first sat down, I admit we were a bit nervous, but we were soon at ease and talking with everyone. I quietly mentioned to my tablemate next to me that I didn't know why we were invited because basically we were "nobodies from Podunkville," to which he replied, "Everyone is a special guest on this ship."

How true.

Wes--Thanks for the "welcome home"! My husband had a great time visiting with the former Navy and USMC guys he ran into while on board. Most of them were Korea vets. There was also a retired Admiral who was great fun; he showed up in full dress-whites the evening he dined with the Captain.

We too were fortunate enough to dine with Captain McNeill. The other people at the table were Platinum-level. This was only our 2nd cruise with Regent. The others were retired executives and lawyers. Us?--a blue-collar sheet-metal fabricator and a retired teacher. When we first sat down, I admit we were a bit nervous, but we were soon at ease and talking with everyone. I quietly mentioned to my tablemate next to me that I didn't know why we were invited because basically we were "nobodies from Podunkville," to which he replied, "Everyone is a special guest on this ship."

How true.

Sheltie, we are cut from the same cloth. I am a retired teacher and my husband an electrician at a chemical plant. We will be on our first Regent cruise--on Navigator next March. From what I have read here, there seem to be less snobs on Regent than other lines. IMHO, classy people with money go out of their way to make everyone feel comfortable.

Archived