Carnival Inspiration Babysitting Services

adcc

I'm trying to find out exactly what type of babysitting services Carnival Inspiration offers and prices. We are taking are 7 month old and 2 year old and I know the 2 year old can go to Camp Carnival but what about the 7 month old? I know they have babysitting from 10pm-3am but what other options or hours are available? Thanks in advance for any light you can shed on this subject as this is the first time cruising with the kiddies!

In addition to the evening hours, they usually have babysitting for kids under two for two hours a day on sea days. (I believe it's 8:00am-10:00am which isn't really convenient if you take advantage of the evening hours.) They also have babysitting on port days from arrival in port until 12noon. Babysitting is $6.00 an hour for the first child and $4.00 for the second.

yes its 8 to 10am on sea days and nightly from 10p-3am also port days from time of arrival until noon or later (check with camp). They set up cribs in the camp and you can bring them sleeping there in the evenings. For your 2 year-old, camp is open from 10am-12:45pm, closed for lunch until 2:00pm then open again from 2:00-4:45pm, closed for dinner and then opens at 6:00pm for "dinner with friends" until 10pm then its a fee after for $6 per hour. Its charged to you sail and sign.

Dont forget to check out the waterworks in the back of the ship. They have a mini water park back there with sprinklers and slides, my 2 year-old was in heaven with the toddler water slides.

• 4 weeks later...

I would like to ask, using the over night babysitting service from 10pm-3am you take your kid there, the 'babysitter' doesn't come to your room?

At sailing my children will be 2 & 3(almost 4) the 3y/o is too big for a crib- do they also have beds for the older kids?

What else do I need to know about the after hours babysitting service?

At sailing my children will be 2 & 3(almost 4) the 3y/o is too big for a crib- do they also have beds for the older kids?

You'd have to see what type of cabin you booked, and then look at the beds that are in that cabin.

I would like to ask, using the over night babysitting service from 10pm-3am you take your kid there, the 'babysitter' doesn't come to your room?

Carnival does not have in-cabin babysitting. If a child is too big for a crib, I believe they have mats on the floor. EM

In addition to the evening hours, they usually have babysitting for kids under two for two hours a day on sea days. (I believe it's 8:00am-10:00am which isn't really convenient if you take advantage of the evening hours.)

Weird, I was on the Inspiration last year (Jun 10) and the daytime babysitting time was 12-2pm . :confused: ( I know because I did take my LO to it)

When you board the ship they should hand you a sheet with the babysitting times on it.

Weird, I was on the Inspiration last year (Jun 10) and the daytime babysitting time was 12-2pm . :confused: ( I know because I did take my LO to it)

When you board the ship they should hand you a sheet with the babysitting times on it.

I was told that they used to do it from 12pm-2pm, but now it's 8am-10am, but I really don't know if all the ships changed to the earlier time slot or just certain ships. On a couple cruises we've been on and used it, the times were 1pm-3pm and other were 12pm-2pm.

We've been on 11 Carnival cruises with our now 4 year old and have used late night sitting on the majority nights, but have never seen a bed for older kids and rarely have I seen cribs in Camp either. Usually all the kids are sleeping on the floor in front of the TV's with blankets and pillows.

Another good thing to be aware of is that late night babysitting is a combined group of all age groups, infants-12 year olds. We've never had an issue with this, but I was shocked the first time I went to pick up my two year old at midnight and he was wide awake dancing with the big kids and didn't want to leave.

I was told that they used to do it from 12pm-2pm, but now it's 8am-10am, but I really don't know if all the ships changed to the earlier time slot or just certain ships. On a couple cruises we've been on and used it, the times were 1pm-3pm and other were 12pm-2pm.

Well, that is a dumb change! Hope they change it back for the people! (Mine is 2 now so looking forward to regular camp carnival hrs this time. :) )

We've been on 11 Carnival cruises with our now 4 year old and have used late night sitting on the majority nights, but have never seen a bed for older kids and rarely have I seen cribs in Camp either. Usually all the kids are sleeping on the floor in front of the TV's with blankets and pillows.

When we took DD last year, they said they have cribs they could set up for DD but I never took her because she was asleep long before 10pm and I wasn't going to take a sleeping baby across the ship.

What worked great for us was to get a room with a balcony and we would sit on the balcony and have a drink while DD was going to sleep. We were travelling with a group of friends so we had someone to stay in the room while DD slept while we went out at night.

ETA: you can always go on the Carnival website forum and post the question on the "Seeking Carnival Assistance" board and Mary (carnival rep) can give you a definite answer on the times babysitting will be offered on the ship. Just a note of warning that other "helpful" :rolleyes:people will also try to answer and there are a bunch of people who seem not to like babies on there or something. (Carnivals offical website forum doesn't have moderators)

Archived