Popcard....can we share

Squirtreena

geo

I agree. I have never brought soda onboard but on this cruise I will. My son loves his coke but I cannot see spending almost $50 for the priviledge of him drinking it daily. I also would not and could not share cards as my son, who is Mr. Morality would be mortified!! Sometimes I wonder if the kid is really mine....

kidding.

A:D

The fountain fun cards and soda stickers are valid anywhere on the ship. Don't worry about sharing the card alylee, just order a coke for yourself and give it to your son. The staff isn't strict about it. Once they see you have a soda card or sticker, they will not hassle you about it.

John

Is the card valid in the main dining room in the evening? I was going to buy it for convenience sake for the kids but not sure now if it's cost effective.

Depending on what cruise line you are travleing. and how many kids to figure out if its cost effective.

Soda cards can be had at any bar on the ship. Someone should be available oin the lobby selling them also on the first day. Some ships give kids under 12 free soda in the dining room.

"Why not"

Because it's cheating. Stealing. And it sets an example for your kids that "why can't I do it the way I want to instead of the way they want me to".

Wanna do it? Go ahead. Trying to defend it is just pathetic.

Kind of OT- but why in the world do they charge for fountain drinks? I can understand alcoholic beverages but fountain drinks are very inexpensive to dispense. It seems ironic that lobster and steak are included in your cruise fare yet a soda that may cost a nickle or so per serving is extra!

Bewildering :confused:

Anyone know? Any thoughts?

I'm with you, Barb. It really makes no sense. I would rather pay $100 more per person and not have to pay separate for ice cream, cokes, etc. Besides, no two people on the ship ever actually pay the same thing anyway!

Margie

Kind of OT- but why in the world do they charge for fountain drinks? I can understand alcoholic beverages but fountain drinks are very inexpensive to dispense. It seems ironic that lobster and steak are included in your cruise fare yet a soda that may cost a nickle or so per serving is extra!

Bewildering :confused:

Anyone know? Any thoughts?

Because they CAN. :D

Carol

Actually - it's a way to get some profit from those who bring their own liquor on board. And yes, because they can!

To the OP: It's okay to do what you are suggesting. Teach you children that integrity and honesty can be dispensed with when such things become inconvenient, or when the almight dollar is involved. Those are old-fashioned values, anyway. Adopt this attitude now. It will make it much easier on you when your children decide to ignore limits you wish to impose upon them because they are inconvenient.

When we were on NCL last February, I purchased a drink card because NCL allows you to get fountain drinks in the dining room. The soda girl was readily available for refills in the dining room, but it still wasn't as convenient as cans because it was more watered down and there was less soda delivered in a cup than in a can.

I made good use of my card - they had "soda" tables available in the buffet - so I didn't have to run to a bar or wait for a bar girl to get my refills. And I experienced no "attitude" during refills - even though I was getting alot of refills - for myself - because I am a camel when it comes to soda. I noticed the guy was keeping a running tab of each refill he provided. I was thinking he was going to get his gratuity based on how many refills he provided - thus the tab.

We were on Celebrity in January and as I understood it, the drink card was not good in the dining room because only cans of soda were provided in the dining room and the card was for fountain drinks only. So that time, I did not get a soda card.

We also carried caffeine-free diet Pepsi on board - because caffeine free soda is not available and DH tries to always limit his intake of caffeine and because I crave soda at weird times and it's not convenienet to always run to a bar or call room service to get a drink. We had no trouble carrying soda on board either ship.

We were on Celebrity in January and as I understood it' date=' the drink card was not good in the dining room because only cans of soda were provided in the dining room and the card was for fountain drinks only. So that time, I did not get a soda card.

[/quote']

We have been able to use our card in the dining room on Celebrity, since sodas come from the bar waiter - not the dinner waiters - they are usually fountain sodas.

One other point about Celebrity's card is that it is a sticker that gets put on your room key/sign and sail card. So it makes it harder to share between family members as I believe that under 21 have a different colored card and it is a little hard to share between husband and wife since your name is on it.

We have been able to use our card in the dining room on Celebrity, since sodas come from the bar waiter - not the dinner waiters - they are usually fountain sodas.

Then I was giving incorrect information when I inquired.

Oh well - I did prefer the canned sodas anyway.

Archived