can TAs see how deep a dining waitlist is?

xerenthar

the magic's departure times are 7, 10, 7, 6, 4, 6. needless to say, early dining is the only available, with YTD and Late being a waitlist. i have no use for early dining even for 4-5pm departures, and certainly don't for this sailing.

but how do i pick a waitlist? can a TA see that there are only X on YTD waitlist and X+50 on Late? either way, i'd take it.

Maybe it's me, but I read your post three times and I have no idea what you are asking...

Ummm... I'm thinking the departure times are sail aways from port of call.

Perhaps this person is wondering if a TA can see the shortest waitlist giving someone a bit of an advantage if requesting that time...

Dunno for sure...

:confused:

That was my guess as well, but the mention of only early seating being available for all cruises? At any rate there is no way for a TA to "see" these things although they may inquire. I sure would not bet on that getting much of an advantage though...

the magic's departure times are 7, 10, 7, 6, 4, 6. needless to say, early dining is the only available, with YTD and Late being a waitlist. i have no use for early dining even for 4-5pm departures, and certainly don't for this sailing.

but how do i pick a waitlist? can a TA see that there are only X on YTD waitlist and X+50 on Late? either way, i'd take it.

No they can not.

That was my guess as well, but the mention of only early seating being available for all cruises? At any rate there is no way for a TA to "see" these things although they may inquire. I sure would not bet on that getting much of an advantage though...

It took me awhile to figure it out too, but the OP wasn't talking about multiple sailings. The OP was talking about the time the Magic leaves each port of call. I don't think I would want early seating with those departure times either. But as far as a TA being able to tell which waitlist is the shortest, I have no idea. I've never used a TA and have never been waitlisted for my prefered dining time.

It took me awhile to figure it out too, but the OP wasn't talking about multiple sailings. The OP was talking about the time the Magic leaves each port of call. I don't think I would want early seating with those departure times either. But as far as a TA being able to tell which waitlist is the shortest, I have no idea. I've never used a TA and have never been waitlisted for my prefered dining time.

Ahhh I get it now.... thanks

Most likely the cruisers with early seating will have to re-board in time to make their MDR reservation.

It is your option, there are plenty of places to eat if you choose to stay in port.

Just realize that just because you show up late (not recommended as it throws a monkey wrench into the whole flow of things) or skip it altogether, you cannot just "show up" for the anytime seating as it is a dining room choice, like early and late.

mimi

TA's can't see this information. It's internal information only available to the Reservation Administration department at Carnival. (PVP's and Carnival reservation agents can't see this information either)...

Aren't platinum++ cruisers guaranteed their choice of dining room seating times? If that's the case, the length of any wait list could constantly change depending on any last minute dining time selection by platinum cruisers. So it's all really subject to change until sailing day when you check in and receive your sail & sign card.

Archived