Falmouth - Silver Sands Beach

tropiclvrs

Has anyone been here recently that can share some insight? It's a private beach that is close to Falmouth that has some beautiful looking white sand. It apparently is villa rental resort, but someone on here last week said they emailed the place and they would let them in.

I'm trying to find out what kind of day use charge there might be and how long of a taxi ride it would be from the port.

I could swear there was a thread on here last week on this particular beach but for some reason I can't find it and I dont see the board search options today.

I checked the Jamaica board, but nothing there either.

Thanks!

Yes, I've googled it and have the webiste. Unforutnately, that doesn't tell me much other than how they'd like to advertise it.

What I'd like to get is, info from anyone on these boards who have been there. Preferably by those via cruise ship.

Hey tropiclvrs!

When are you going on your cruise? We will be in Falmouth in July and we plan to go there so I will definitley post a review and pictures. I was the one that posted the thread but it got deleted because the rules say we can't advertise tours.

This place looks great! We will have to go there next cruise!!!

http://www.mytimenplace.com/cruiseshipdaypass.htm

I would like to see more info. Their website mentions a leaving time and place but no info on how often or when they return. Also, while there a many pics and a few videos it is hard to see if chairs or umbrellas or shade is available. Some reports from people who did the cruise day pass would be appreciated.

Silver Sands Beach is NOT the same as My Time And Place. Silver Sands seems to be a private villa rental resort, but I can't find out much more info than that. This was the website I found that had been previously posted last week.

http://www.mysilversands.com/content.aspx?nId=11&sshow=silversands

I have a feeling that no one has been here yet who has stopped in Falmouth via cruise ship, but I'm hoping that some may try it out befre we are there at the end of May.

Hey tropiclvrs!

When are you going on your cruise? We will be in Falmouth in July and we plan to go there so I will definitley post a review and pictures. I was the one that posted the thread but it got deleted because the rules say we can't advertise tours.

ChickonRules - I just saw your post, thanks for replying. I knew I wasn't going crazy and that someone had posted about this. I guess it makes sense that it was deleted, as it could be seen as advertising a tour. I just hope that my "inquiring" on the same thing is considered legal. I think it is because people ask all the time about tours.

When you contacted them. Did they give you any info on costs and whether there was food and beverage? Also, how long of a taxi ride would it be?

We are going in May, so if we decide to try this place out I will definitely report back. I have also seen people recommend My Time and Place, but that seems more like a bar on a beach. Probably not the best place to go with 2 kids;)

We're in the midst of investigating Falmouth too. Google Iberostar Rose Hall....Someone who works for DH just came back from Iberostar suites for a weeks stay and met folks one day who had day passes from a cruise ship. It is a pretty new property and they will accomodate reservations. There is Iberostar beach and iberostar suites. He recommended the suites hotel. DH already spoke with them, great vibe!! The only thing I need to find is how much a JUTA cab is to get over there!

Good Luck

We're in the midst of investigating Falmouth too. Google Iberostar Rose Hall....Someone who works for DH just came back from Iberostar suites for a weeks stay and met folks one day who had day passes from a cruise ship. It is a pretty new property and they will accomodate reservations. There is Iberostar beach and iberostar suites. He recommended the suites hotel. DH already spoke with them, great vibe!! The only thing I need to find is how much a JUTA cab is to get over there!

Good Luck

Hmmm, could be another good option! Would you know how much they are charging and how far it is from the port?

Thanks!!

ChickonRules - I just saw your post, thanks for replying. I knew I wasn't going crazy and that someone had posted about this. I guess it makes sense that it was deleted, as it could be seen as advertising a tour. I just hope that my "inquiring" on the same thing is considered legal. I think it is because people ask all the time about tours.

When you contacted them. Did they give you any info on costs and whether there was food and beverage? Also, how long of a taxi ride would it be?

We are going in May, so if we decide to try this place out I will definitely report back. I have also seen people recommend My Time and Place, but that seems more like a bar on a beach. Probably not the best place to go with 2 kids;)

I really hope you do go because it seems like a fantastic place and hearing a review would be awesome! I just emailed them asking those questions so hopefully they will reply back the next morning :)

I went on TripAdvisor and here is what someone said about the beach:

"The main hub of “action” in Silver Sands is just off the main beach area. The main beach itself is stunning. The sand is powdery and white (more powdery and white than in Negril, actually), clean, and stretches for a couple hundred yards. The water was extremely bright turquoise blue out for 30 or so yards before a great coral wall starts than spans the coast. The waves ranged from Negrilesque calm (on most days) to small (1-2 feet only) waves on the one relatively rough sea day. Actually, on the rough day, the fishermen on the beach adjacent to Silver Sands did not even go out because of the “madness of the sea”—yet the reef protected the beach really well. Overall, the water was very calm and swimmable and the beach itself was great. I never saw more than a dozen or so people on the entire beach at any particular time. I would honestly say that Silver Sands beach rivals Negril (the lack of crowds and zero vendors helps in that regard, I suppose)."

Hmmm, could be another good option! Would you know how much they are charging and how far it is from the port?

Thanks!!

DH called and spoke with them, but I dont know where his notes are. I think it is $65pp at the suites and $50 at iberostar beach. Google it. I think the drive is 20ish minutes. Sorry I couldnt be of more immediate help!

That trip advisor review makes the place sound divine. I hope it lives up to that description.

It definitely is if you look at other traveler's photos :)

Here are some recent reviews:

"The beach has sand like icing sugar and clear warm water and many times we were the only people there. No wall to wall people on sun loungers here!"

"The beach is one of the most beautiful you have every seen... soft white sand and carribbean blue water. There are chairs and little umbrella stands dotted along the beach to use. The beach bar and club house area were just the right size."

"Breathtaking, picturesque, wonderful. White powdery sand, blue waters, not crowded, beautiful weather. You can’t ask for more than that. It’s pretty low key out there, but you can still do some activities like sea kayaking or windsurfing. There are also some coral in the swimming beach near the Jetty and also straight out from the Ebb Tide Villa where you can snorkel and see some fish."

"Sea - typical Caribbean: tourquoise water; pale, soft sand; decent surf; not warm but pleasantly cool (i.e. cooler than summer Med, but warmer than UK). People who claimed to know, said Silver Sands is the best beach in Jamaica."

"Silver Sands in general is a beautiful place. The beach is outstanding. It has lovely views in all directions, soft white sand, beach bar/restaurant, and plenty of loungers."

"The beach at silver sands is breathtaking. They keep is very clean and the ocean is perfect for anyone to swim in. We were blown away by the setting and entire atmosphere. we felt safe the entire trip and met some wonderful staff all week."

"The beaches are on the finest white sand and are not crowded at all as it is a private beach."

"The beach was never croweded and everything happened on your own schedule."

"The water is quite shallow and tapers off very gradually. Ideal snorkeling can be had right there at the little coral outcroppings, or you can try your hand at the reef some hundred yards further out."

"This was the first trip for my two year old daughter and she loved collecting shells on the little beach in front of the villa. Not the mention, the sea was so crystal clear and calm for our entire stay, it was like a swimming pool and great for our daughter to work on her swimming."

"The beach is amazing because it's so quiet and you have basically the whole place to yourself."

"The beach is beautiful and there are many other "touristy" things to do if you want to venture out. There are also excellent golf courses nearby. I prefer staying here to any of the all-inclusive or other hotels because it is a more intimate and personal experience with TONS more space!"

"The beach is beautiful & clean...not many people and the weather was fantastic."

Questions answered!

1. Is there a fee for the entrance to the beach?

2. How long is the ride from the Falmouth pier?

3. If you provide transportation for us, is there a cost/charge?

1. If you are my guests, there is no charge to enter Silver Sands.

2. The ride from Falmouth to Silver Sands is about 15 minutes.

3. There will be a charge for transportation from Falmouth to Silver Sands. I can let you know what that will be closer to the time.

• 1 month later...

I'd like to hear more about Silver Sands as well. We've been to Jamaica twice on cruises, and I wasn't really sure we'd get off the ship this time. However, if this place is a good as it looks/sounds, we may have found our option!

• 1 month later...
Does anyone have any more insight on Silver Sands Beach?

According to this (http://falmouthjamaicainfo.com/?page_id=36), it is a PUBLIC beach. However, I'm not sure of the safest and/or most economical way of getting to / from the beach from Falmouth.

They say they are private and if you want to get in there, you have to access through security by the gate. Maybe...only part of the beach is private because I know there's a public one near there...

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone recently go to Silver Sands Beach and have info? ChickonRules, did you go there in July?

No we didn't :( We changed our minds and stayed around the port area. We didn't feel comfortable going on our own. We rather go in a large group but there was only four of us. Plus the beach is very quiet and empty. We like to go to a beach that has more people. Wish I could give a review but maybe someone else will try it :)

No we didn't :( We changed our minds and stayed around the port area. We didn't feel comfortable going on our own. We rather go in a large group but there was only four of us. Plus the beach is very quiet and empty. We like to go to a beach that has more people. Wish I could give a review but maybe someone else will try it :)

Thank you for your response. Tropiclvrs said they were going to Falmouth in May. Maybe they went to Silver Sands Beach.

Archived