Storage at the Rio cruise terminal

AuntiePen

Hi,

We will take a cruise with HA on Nov 22. We will fly in 3 days prior to our cruise . We plan to go to Iguazu falls and stay at the Sheration for few days then come back to take our cruise. Does anybody know if there is a storage at the cruise terminal so we do not have to take our luggage to the falls.

I do not believe there is a bag storage facility at the cruise terminal, but I do believe there is a baggage storage facility at GIG. If you are flying into GIG you can store your excess bags upon arrival and gather them when returning for the cruise.

If you fly out Santos Dumont to Iguazu, I believe there is a bag storage facility there so you can bring your bags with you from GIG and leave them there while in Iguazu. Best to double check about the storage facility at Santos Dumont. If I am wrong and there isn't one, you might inquire with the Sheraton in Iguazu - ask them to call the Rio/Sao Conrado Sheraton to see if that hotel will hold your bags as a courtesy while you are staying at the Sheraton in Iguazu.

The Rio Sheraton is about 25 minutes by cab from Santos Dumont airport.

Santos Dumont airport is about 10/15 minutes from the pier terminal.

Hi,

We will take a cruise with HA on Nov 22. We will fly in 3 days prior to our cruise . We plan to go to Iguazu falls and stay at the Sheration for few days then come back to take our cruise. Does anybody know if there is a storage at the cruise terminal so we do not have to take our luggage to the falls.

Your third sentence confuses me regrding your itinerary. After you arrive in Rio, you're flying to Foz de Iguaçu and staying at a Sheraton (didn't know they had one there) and then returning to Rio for your cruise? Or staying at the Sheraton in Rio, then going to Iguaçu, then back to Rio for your cruise? Or going to Iguaçu, then returning to Rio for 3 days at the Sheraton and taking your cruise? Or staying at the Rio Sheraton before and after Iguaçu?

The port is in a rather gritty, industrial part of Rio. I don't think there's much passenger activity there except on cruise days. I'd be surprised if there's baggage storage anywhere nearby and would hesitate to leave my bags there, anyway. Nearest bag storage may be the main bus depot. Santos Dumont second, and GIG third. If you're staying at the Sheraton both before and after Iguaçu, that clearly seems the best place to leave your bags, if they will do that (they may charge a fee). If you're flying to Iguaçu out of GIG, I'd just leave bags there.

Hi,

Your third sentence confuses me regrding your itinerary. After you arrive in Rio, you're flying to Foz de Iguaçu and staying at a Sheraton (didn't know they had one there) and then returning to Rio for your cruise? Or staying at the Sheraton in Rio, then going to Iguaçu, then back to Rio for your cruise? Or going to Iguaçu, then returning to Rio for 3 days at the Sheraton and taking your cruise? Or staying at the Rio Sheraton before and after Iguaçu?

The port is in a rather gritty, industrial part of Rio. I don't think there's much passenger activity there except on cruise days. I'd be surprised if there's baggage storage there, but the cruise line might be able to advise you. Nearest bag storage may be the main bus depot. Santos Dumont second, and GIG third. If you're staying at the Sheraton both before and after Iguaçu, that clearly seems the best place to leave your bags, if they will do that (they may charge a fee). If you're flying to Iguaçu out of GIG, I'd just leave bags there. If you're using Santos Dumong and there's luggage storage there, it'd be easy to get from there to the port (assuming you're not overnighting on your return).

• 4 weeks later...

Archived