Rules for the WOW Sale

Sue L

Okay, this is probably a really dumb question but how do you find out about an upcoming Wow sale? I just booked a couple of weeks ago for 2012. Had I known a sale was coming up, I may have waited. Thanks for the "education"!

They're generally the same time every year. i.e., we booked last May during the WOW sale for our upcoming July cruise. We are going to book this week for our Nov 2012 cruise.

Thanks for the good information!! Here is my scenerio:

Booking a 9 day cruise on the Enchantment. Have a savings certificate for an outside room of $150.00, have a coupon for $50.00 and am planning on booking during WOW. Wow would qualify us for $100.00 obc.

Question: Can I use savings certificate and qualify for WOW? the way i see it if I cannot then I would be better using my savings certificate if I had to pick one!

Thanks you for your help!!! I have learned sooooo much from cruise critic folks!

WOW SALE TERMS & CONDITIONS better known as the Fine Print!!:D

*The 50% reduced deposit can also be applied via any automated booking tool (Cruisematch®, Sabre, Amadeus, Galileo or Wordspan). However, the booking confirmation will not reflect the reduced deposit amount due.

Onboard credit varies on cruise length: 3 to 5-Night cruise will result in a $50 USD per stateroom, 6 to 9-Night cruise will result in a $100 USD per stateroom, 10+ Night cruise will result in a $200 USD per stateroom. The WOW Sale Onboard Credit and 50% Reduced Deposit offer are applicable to all Royal Caribbean International® cruises that sail after August 1, 2011 including cruisetours.

Offer applies to new FIT bookings with deposit only and is not applicable to groups. Offer applies to all categories available. All bookings must be made and the required deposit must be paid on May 3rd or 4th, 2011, by 11:59 p.m. Local Time to qualify for the promotion.

Bookings made on May 3rd or 4th, 2011 without deposit will not qualify for this offer. Offer is combinable with Lowest Available Fare (LAF) and restricted rates, including Choice Air Specials (CHS), Seniors (SRS), Residents (RES), Military (MIL), and Police and Fireman (PFD), Family Pricing (FMLY), Upgrade Price Code (UPG), Royal Commission Bonanza (RCB). Offer is not combinable with any other offer or promotion, including, but not limited to, Crown & Anchor, Shareholder Benefits, Future or NextCruise offers.

WOW Sale is not combinable with the Pandamonium Package. Offer is valid for Cruisetour packages but not combinable with other Cruisetours Onboard Credits. Cruisetour packages receive the OBC based upon the length of the Cruisetour. Onboard credit is in U.S. dollars, has no cash value, is not redeemable for cash, is not transferable and will expire if not used by 10:00 pm on the last evening of the cruise. In the event that a guest has more than one applicable offer for the same sailing, guest can choose the offer he or she wishes to apply. Offer is not applicable to chartered or contracted groups.

Any existing booking that is cancelled between April 26th and May 4th, 2011 and is rebooked for the same sailing on May 3rd or 4th, 2011 will not be eligible to receive the offer. Any eligible reservation that is cancelled and is reinstated after May 4th, 2011 will not be eligible to receive the offer. Any eligible reservation that changes the ship or sail date after May 4th, 2011 will not be eligible to receive the offer. Onboard Credit will be applied to qualified booking by Royal Caribbean International® within 4 weeks of the Sale.

The 50% reduced deposit and onboard credit offer is applicable to on-line bookings; however, the on-line booking confirmation will not reflect this reduced deposit or onboard credit. Subject to availability. Prices are per person, cruise only, based on double occupancy and in US dollars. Certain restrictions may apply. Government taxes and fees are additional. Offer may be withdrawn at any time.

Royal Caribbean International reserves the right to impose a fuel supplement on all guests if the price of West Texas Intermediate fuel exceeds $65.00 per barrel. The fuel supplement for 1st and 2nd guests would be no more than $10 per guest per day, to a maximum of $140 per cruise; and for additional guests would be no more than $5 per person per day, to a maximum of $70 per cruise.

* Prices are per person, based on double occupancy, for cruise only on select sailings and stateroom categories. Government taxes and fees are additional. For new reservations only. Subject to availability. Certain restrictions apply. May not be combinable with any other promotion and may be withdrawn at any time. "Deals" pricing reflects the special rate(s) you may be eligible for. Proof of eligibility required. If eligibility cannot be validated, you will be charged the standard rate or denied boarding. All prices are quoted in US Dollars. All itineraries and prices are subject to change without notice. Ships' Registry: Bahamas. © 2010 Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.

Thanks for the good information!! Here is my scenerio:

Booking a 9 day cruise on the Enchantment. Have a savings certificate for an outside room of $150.00, have a coupon for $50.00 and am planning on booking during WOW. Wow would qualify us for $100.00 obc.

Question: Can I use savings certificate and qualify for WOW? the way i see it if I cannot then I would be better using my savings certificate if I had to pick one!

Thanks you for your help!!! I have learned sooooo much from cruise critic folks!

Use the savings certificate and forget about the WOW sale. You will come out ahead as they are not combinable.

Another question - Do you have to be a member of C&A? We just got back off our first cruise, but don't have our C&A number. Can I still book during the WOW sale?

You do not have to be a C&A member to book a cruise during a WOW sail. It is open to everyone.

I think someone asked this, I apologize if it was already answered, but...

How do you see the WOW sale? Do we have to wait until the 3rd?

Thanks!

Yes, do not put anything on hold as it will not be valid then. The sale starts on the 3rd so yes you have to wait.

They wont give you the half off deposit or the OBC, they have their ways of knowing

I booked during WOW sail last year for my cruise Jan of 2012 and I got 1/2 price deposit, OBC for 3 cabins I booked plus wine in each of our cabins. The OBC was $150.00 per cabin from RCCL plus an additional $50.00 per cabin from TA for a total of $200.00 per cabin. Now we have used this TA for a few years but we got all the perks offered.

I think someone asked this, I apologize if it was already answered, but...

How do you see the WOW sale? Do we have to wait until the 3rd?

Thanks!

The WOW sale is just reduced deposit and on board credit. The actual prices for the cruise are not being lowered for the sale. So you can look at Royal's website now to see the prices, but wait until the 3rd to book. What Sue said was very important - do not put anything on hold because that will prevent you from booking whatever you put on hold during the WOW sale.

Can I cancel a cruise and then book the same cruise on a different date? The wording below is not clear to me.

Any existing booking that is cancelled between April 26th and May 4th, 2011 and is rebooked for the same sailing on May 3rd or 4th, 2011 will not be eligible to receive the offer. Any eligible reservation that is cancelled and is reinstated after May 4th, 2011 will not be eligible to receive the offer. Any eligible reservation that changes the ship or sail date after May 4th, 2011 will not be eligible to receive the offer.

[quote name='Gilgo Surfer']Can I use the deposit I left on the Jewel in January and take advantage of the WOW sale?[/quote]

NO...it's already considered a booking when you purchase a next cruise...read the fine print for more details...

[quote name='clarea']The WOW sale is just reduced deposit and on board credit. The actual prices for the cruise are not being lowered for the sale. So you can look at Royal's website now to see the prices, but wait until the 3rd to book. What Sue said was very important - do not put anything on hold because that will prevent you from booking whatever you put on hold during the WOW sale.[/quote]

Thanks for the explanation. That's the piece I was missing. I didn't realize that it was for OBC and deposit only. But hey... Some OBC and a discounted deposit are better then anything I got on my last booking, so I'll take it!

Thanks again!

i placed a hold on a room before i saw the WOW sale- but to overcome this, would it be possible to just do a new reservation under my wifes name to take advantage of the savings? i could even use my work address if i needed to. i would like that OBC.

[quote name='mdallasm1']i placed a hold on a room before i saw the WOW sale- but to overcome this, would it be possible to just do a new reservation under my wifes name to take advantage of the savings? i could even use my work address if i needed to. i would like that OBC.[/quote]

I doubt this would work as your name will still be on the booking...with a different address possibly...guess you will find out Tommorrow...

WOW is right. We were going to book a trans Atlantic then were told we could get $200 o.b.c. from the WOW sale but as I looked up our cruise , I see the prices went up $300 :mad: on line and when I phoned Royal she gave me a price that was another $100 more than the online price:eek:.
So much for the WOW factor

[quote name='Nigeldelarue']WOW is right. We were going to book a trans Atlantic then were told we could get $200 o.b.c. from the WOW sale but as I looked up our cruise , I see the prices went up $300 :mad: on line and when I phoned Royal she gave me a price that was another $100 more than the online price:eek:.
So much for the WOW factor[/quote]

Don't worry about the price increase. It's most likely a temporary thing. Book during the sale and then watch the prices for price drops. A phone call to Royal or your TA and you'll get the price drop whatever it is up to final payment time.

It gets so confusing. I want to use my C & A, stockholders and future booking certificate. Can't use any of them for the WOW $200 SBC. I am better off booking today and getting the current promotion with my extras.

Marion

[quote name='cruisn4bruisn'][COLOR="Red"]So how crowded is the website going to be at 12:01am tonight?[/COLOR] Do they start it 12:01am eastern time?[/QUOTE]

I, for one, plan on being in bed.

Archived