Stairs?

bunchesofun

On another thread about debarkation the comment was made about self debarkation and not wanting to have a lot of luggage to deal with on the stairs. My question is what stairs are these and how many of them. I am currently suffering from a bout of sciatica and don't do stairs well.

On another thread about debarkation the comment was made about self debarkation and not wanting to have a lot of luggage to deal with on the stairs. My question is what stairs are these and how many of them. I am currently suffering from a bout of sciatica and don't do stairs well.

the stairs that go up and down, from your stateroom deck, to the off load deck.

elevators are scarce that last morning. if you can't do stairs, consider putting your luggage out the night before, and skip self debark.

SadSight-461.jpg

elevators are scarce that last morning.

if you can't do stairs, consider putting your luggage out the night before,

and skip self debark.

That's what I do. Let Them handle the luggage. ;)

Self-disembark is for the young and spritely brigade.

If you have bad knees, clearly you don't qualify for that category

-and neither do I :)

We did self assist one time last year on Ecstasy and will never do it again. The stairs weren't much of a problem because you could only move one step at a time...then wait...then move one step up/ahead with the rest of the herd. I hated it.

Now I put my baggage out the night before and sit on the Lido deck while the mad rush clears.

We did self assist one time last year on Ecstasy and will never do it again. The stairs weren't much of a problem because you could only move one step at a time...then wait...then move one step up/ahead with the rest of the herd. I hated it.

Now I put my baggage out the night before and sit on the Lido deck while the mad rush clears.

We self debark but wait for the CD to say, "Will the last 40 of you please leave the ship!" Rarely wait for an elevator.

I feel your pain! Literally. I'm also currently dealing with a bout of sciatica and I have to say I wouldn't try to deal with my own luggage right now. Unless you just really have to get off early for a flight sit back and take your time, wait for the crowd to pass before you get off.

So basically we could choose to use only the elevators and not have to deal with stairs, but it will be crowded. I'm not worried about just walking as the suitcase has wheels, it was climbing stairs I was concerned about. But I will talk to dh and see if he might want to have them take our luggage. We're driving home to Ohio so no real rush to catch a flight or anything though we are hoping to make it to Mass in Baltimore before heading out.

I'll let you in on what we do. We push the up button on the elevator, get in go up 1 floor and then go down. We usually get an empty elevator because everyone is trying to go down. Shhh don't tell anyone. ;)

that secret is out.

so now all the elevators are even slower, stopping at every floor without people getting on or off, cause they are packed going up and down.

self debark was great when it was new, and few were doing it.

we stopped when it got completely chaotic, until vip came about.

We always self-debark, and never had a problem getting an elevator. As I said before, the center elevators WILL be busiest, so be creative. Your timing might come into play as well. Or do what another poster suggested, go up first. It's really not a major problem....

Archived