Terrace Houses experts

We have added the T.H. to our tour. I read that there are 100 steps--or something like that? For those who have gone, if this is true, how big are the steps--are they a few inches (like 6 or something like that) each, or are they huge ones? Thank you! (Just curious...)

We have added the T.H. to our tour. I read that there are 100 steps--or something like that? For those who have gone, if this is true, how big are the steps--are they a few inches (like 6 or something like that) each, or are they huge ones? Thank you! (Just curious...)

Skip to 1.28 on this to see the TH

The steps are linked flights of stairs to raise you up by the level of a house. They are more like house stairs so about 6 inches would be right (from memory) and however many there are it's only half that number going up :). And you need not climb up in one go, as most people stop and look around.

All the best, Tony

I haven't viewed the video but Tony's description sounds accurate from what I recall -- short flights of steps separated by landings (some larger, some smaller). The floor is made from some sort of plexiglas material; it is see-through, which is off-putting to some people.

We have never viewed the video, but we have been there (twice). The Terrace Houses are housed in a very new and modern building that does have steps (in several places). All the steps and walkways inside the building are nearly new and most are metal with decent metal rails. The steps are not really difficult, but they cannot be avoided. In a sense you will climb up to platforms that are built over the top of the digs.

Hank

Archived