Time to get to Nachi Cocom?

cruiserkelly

We are going to be in Cozumel on Wednesday and the ship's info says we'll be there from 8-6, but my reservation from Nachi says they are open from 9-5...what time should we plan on getting there?

also remember to budget the 15-20 minute cab ride to get there.

Nachi is almost at the southern tip of the island.

Have a great time.

Bill

Here is a follow up question. Has anyone also added their snorkeling excursion? Was it worth the extra $50? How much of your time at the beach did it take up? Trying to pin down how much time to allot for things to make sure we don't get bogged down on any one part.

Thanks in advance,

Bob

I always got there as soon as I could, never waited for it to open. I can't remember what time that was, but I feel we got off the ship as soon as we were "allowed" to.

As far as snorkeling, we have gone and I thought it was a great experience that was pretty private. We saw a shark sleeping at the bottom as well as a baracuda, but we felt safe the whole time. I believe it probably took about an hour to leave and get back? I can't remember. It was a nice experience, though.

Here is a follow up question. Has anyone also added their snorkeling excursion? Was it worth the extra $50? How much of your time at the beach did it take up? Trying to pin down how much time to allot for things to make sure we don't get bogged down on any one part.

Thanks in advance,

Bob

We were there last week and the snorkel tour offered to us was only $35 :confused: -- supposedly two stops and the trip would take 90 min to just under 2 hours. We had just snorkeled in Grand Cayman and chose to pass, but it looked nice. Good luck! :)

Best place in Coz we have been too.

If I may say, There is so much more to Cozumel that Nachi. There are several resorts that DW and I have traveled to that offer so much more than Nachi or Sancho's. Free use of facilities as well as great prices at their well relaxed Tiki Hut bars. I'm not going to mention anything here per CC rules :rolleyes:.

Explore a bit, your gonna save a few bucks and have a relaxing day all together. ;)

My mom is not a 'huge' drinker, and 'just a beach day' wasn't of too much interest to her. We caught a cab and went to Chankanaab. For $19, we snorkeled to our hearts content and I got some of the most beautiful pictures of sea life I've ever been fortunate to see!! We brought our own gear, but they have it for rent, and snorkel vests are free ( just need to leave your license). We had a single margarita each ( 5 bucks) and split a plate of tostadas ( 3 of them)..and it was fine..we were quite happy. As much as I love the serenity of Nachi, Chankanaab was definitely worth the price of admission!

If I may say, There is so much more to Cozumel that Nachi. There are several resorts that DW and I have traveled to that offer so much more than Nachi or Sancho's. Free use of facilities as well as great prices at their well relaxed Tiki Hut bars. I'm not going to mention anything here per CC rules :rolleyes:.

Explore a bit, your gonna save a few bucks and have a relaxing day all together. ;)

There is a cruise critic rule about mentioning a place you went for an excursion?:confused:

Bill

I always got there as soon as I could, never waited for it to open. I can't remember what time that was, but I feel we got off the ship as soon as we were "allowed" to.

As far as snorkeling, we have gone and I thought it was a great experience that was pretty private. We saw a shark sleeping at the bottom as well as a baracuda, but we felt safe the whole time. I believe it probably took about an hour to leave and get back? I can't remember. It was a nice experience, though.

Did you go snorkling to some reefs? were they near the surface or did you have to dive down to see anything? I am a floater, just call me Bob, so i can only surface snorkle.

What rules?:rolleyes:

I thought that you just couldn't mention travel agencies by name.

Thanks in advance,

Bob

When I did it on our first trip to Nachi, it was $35 and worth it.

They take you to a reef near Nachi and a reef further up North off the island.

If I remember correctly it took 90 minutes to two hours. (I think it was more like 2 hours.)

I'm a surface snorkler and I could see fine. (was mostly 10ft. to 20ft. deep)

If you can dive 20ft. you can enjoy it alot more.

Hope that helps.

Bill

Remember the ships time is an hour earlier than Cozumel time.

Ive walked from Mr Sanchos all the way past Nachi to White Sands resorts.

Just killing time waiting for Nachi to open.

Im not so sure this is true?? Or Im confused. Im on the ship with Cruiserkelly, and I cant remember if I lose an hour.

When I leave from Galveston, I know we are on the same time as Cozumel.

Do I lose an hour driving to Mobile tomorrow?

I'm confused also.

This is our first cruise ( t-58 days, woo-hoo)

We are in port from 1 o'clock thru 10 o'clock; we sail from Miami so does this mean we are actually in port from 12:00-9:00 because ship time is an hour behind??

Also, since we will be arriving after 12 and Nachi closes at 5:00 will we have time to relax and enjoy the surroundings?

Are their chaning facilities if we want to walk around near port before we go back to ship?

Thanks!!

Can we email you to find out those places :)....

Archived