Where to put car seats during excursion?

rin1

My friends are taking an Eastern Mediterranean cruise with a 14 month old. They want to know if it's necessary to bring a seat and if so, what the heck do they do with it during their excursion?

I brought car seats for my twins (many of the countries require them - though I would have wanted them anyway). We took private tours in each city so that we could leave the seats (and all the rest of our stuff) in the car or van while we explored.

If they take the large bus tours, they won't need a car seat - but it is not advisable to take a toddler on those tours. Private tours actually end up being less expensive for a family and they can plan their own kid-friendly itinerary.

Best,

Mia

I will pass along the tip re: private tours.

I think they're too nervous to leave them in the excursion vehicle. Has anyone done this with success?

Leave them in the excursion vehicle. Also, helps to let the private tour company know that you will have car seats so that they can bring an appropriate vehicle.

Archived