Wine selection

Seabreeze8

Hello,

My in-laws gets a voucher for 2 free bottles of wine on their HAL cruise next month. The TA indicated that they can get choice of wine from the Navigator package. Does anyone know what are the options? My in-laws like french red wine. Also can they combine 2 vouchers for a nicer bottle of wine? Thank you!

The Navigator package has a couple of nice selections in it. The ones we selected were not French but they were very good.

KK has the wine list which she usually posts. Otherwise I will go and see if I can find another post by her and paste it for you.

The vouchers are a nice deal as those wines are usually around $30-$40 a bottle :) Hope they enjoy their cruise:)

I've never had these vouchers so I don't know if they can combine. Most likely the wine steward on board will either answer that question by allowing it or hopefully allowing them to pay the difference if they so choose. I think they should try one of the selections and enjoy their nice bonus :D

Hi Kazu:

I don't know how to find postings by certain person. It would be great if you can find the wine list for me. Or show me how and I can try.

My inlaws like something smoother and not too dry. Can you recommend any? What have you tried that you liked?

Thanks so much for your help,

Suzie

You can go to the Holland America line and look at the choices in the Navigator package by logging in with your booking number and looking under Indulgences. You do not need to buy one in order to look at it. Same with the shore excursions...

these are the wine selections from the naviagtor's package:

Choose three wines from a wonderful selection that includes Mondavi Private Selection J Riesling, Monkey Bay Chardonnay, Caliterra Chardonnay, Danzante Pinot Grigio, Blackstone Sauvignon Blanc, Sylvester Kiarra Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon, Three Blind Moose Cabernet Sauvignon, Laboure Roi Pinot Grigio, Veramonte Merlot, Ravenswood Zinfandel, Remole I Frescaboldi and Twin Fin Shiraz.

Thank you all for your help! and such quick response too. I will do some research on these wines and help my in-laws to select a couple that they may like. If you have suggestions for any smooth and not too dry red wine, please let me know. Thanks again! You all have been a big help! :D

Actually my in-laws are looking for French red wine but I don't see any under the Navigator or Admiral package. Does anyone know if they stock any French red wine onboard? Any brand that you can recommend?

Also how much is the voucher worth for a bottle of wine?

Thanks a million!

Actually my in-laws are looking for French red wine but I don't see any under the Navigator or Admiral package. Does anyone know if they stock any French red wine onboard? Any brand that you can recommend?

Also how much is the voucher worth for a bottle of wine?

Thanks a million!

I just checked the wine list available on Zuiderdam which has been posted on a blog (great blog and great thread) and there is indeed red wine from France listed.

I am not a red wine expert so i would hesitate to recommend but one seems reasonably priced. Here is the link to his pdf that shows the wine listings. (hope it works http://pczu.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/MDR-Wine-List.pdf

I don't know how much the coupons are worth though - never had one.

Thank you, Kazu & Krazy Kruizers, for the list of wines. I've compared the lists and there are some wine on one list but not on another list. But it gives me enough to give some selections to my in-laws. They will be happy to know that there are some French red wine available. Thank you all again! You guys are amazing! :)

Archived