Queen Elizabeth 3 berth staterooms

sotong

We are cruising for the first time in August me, husband and 8 year daughter.

We are in a C2 cabin / stateroom (1030) and wondered if any knows what the 3rd berth is. Is it a sofa bed or a pull down bunk??

We are cruising for the first time in August me, husband and 8 year daughter.

We are in a C2 cabin / stateroom (1030) and wondered if any knows what the 3rd berth is. Is it a sofa bed or a pull down bunk??

It is normally a bunk in the ceiling which your steward will lower in the evening.

On Queen Elizabeth we had had one of the three-berth inside cabins. These have two beds and a sofa bed. It was also larger than a normal inside and very comfortable.

On Queen Elizabeth we had had one of the three-berth inside cabins. These have two beds and a sofa bed. It was also larger than a normal inside and very comfortable.

Sharon, this is an outside view cabin, which I think is standard size although I will bow to your superior knowledge.:D

Hi, sotong.

As I understand it, some of the three-berth staterooms on the Queen Elizabeth have an upper bunk for the third berth while others have a sofa bed.

On the QE's deck plans, three-berth staterooms with an upper bunk are indicated by a dagger symbol:

Three-berth staterooms with a sofa bed are indicated by a plus symbol: +

For your reference, here is a link to Cruise Critic's deck plan for deck 1 on the QE.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/queen-elizabeth-deck-plans/dp/?shipID=528&deck=1

Note that your stateroom, 1030, has the dagger symbol, so its third berth would be an upper bunk as capnpugwash indicated. Just across the corridor, inside stateroom 1028 has the plus symbol, so its third berth would be a sofa bed as Host Sharon mentioned.

Regards,

John.

Sharon, this is an outside view cabin, which I think is standard size although I will bow to your superior knowledge.:D

I know Cap'n. Ours was a D8, cabin 1034. I just thought it useful to say that not all 3/4 berths were bunks.

Archived