Alaska Ports of Call Coupon/Deals Book?

dreams_of_travel

when i cruised Alaska 2 years ago, there was a freebie coupon book at the Whittier cruise terminal that had coupons for the ports of call. some were just coupons for $ off certain items, others had a few free items (my favorite souvenir coffee cup) with purchase and similar items.

does anyone know if this is available at the Vancouver cruise port? if so, where exactly is it located? at the Whittier port, they weren't really put out in front but were stashed over to one side, you kinda had to look for them.

cruising in June and would love to get some deals on gifts for family etc. :)

TIA

They're called Destination Alaska coupon books. If you fly into Vancouver you can get them,or if you leave out of the port of Seattle but we are flying into Seattle for a few days and then going to Vancouver. When I emailed them they told me I would have to buy them. They are $10 each-since I had heard so much about them, I ordered one. To my surprise the mail came yesterday and they sent me 3 books! Getting even more psyched looking thru them. Hope this helps...........

They're called Destination Alaska coupon books. If you fly into Vancouver you can get them,or if you leave out of the port of Seattle but we are flying into Seattle for a few days and then going to Vancouver. When I emailed them they told me I would have to buy them. They are $10 each-since I had heard so much about them, I ordered one. To my surprise the mail came yesterday and they sent me 3 books! Getting even more psyched looking thru them. Hope this helps...........

We will be doing the same in two weeks and arrive in Seattle, then off to Vancouver for the cruise. I debated buying a book but did not know if I would get a use out of it. Your thoughts? Thanks

not the booklet/book i was talking about. the ones i meant are the free ones. think of the Pennysaver in your local town (if you know what that is). it is similar to an adversting magazine with various offers, coupons, etc. will have to bug my friend in Vancouver and see if she knows the answer.

i have heard of the Destination Alaska book but hadn't planned on buying one unless i intended on doing some of the more expensive tours. i do know they are good deals and more than make up for the initial cost of the book.

• 2 weeks later...
Destination Alaska coupon book are free in Seattle, Whittier and Seward. Their site says you can purchase for $5 if sailing out of Vancouver or San Francisco.

http://www.destinationalaska.com/

I'll be in whittier next saturday, could you tell me where the books are in whittier, what building. I will be taking 26 glacier tour before, anywhere near their or cruise ship

I'll be in whittier next saturday, could you tell me where the books are in whittier, what building. I will be taking 26 glacier tour before, anywhere near their or cruise ship

They were in bins as you entered. There is only ONE way in, just look for any booklets.

What type things do they have in it? Is it worth the $5???

It is pretty much cheap stuff, that is made in China. :) Coupons for tshirts, China totems, calendars, "crystal" stuff, etc etc etc

Archived