OBB Before May 17 2010

We have OBB booking numbers where we booked a specific cruise while on board back before the changes. We never had it associated with a TA ,,,,, then you could do this as long as it was before final payment. This booking number has been moved to different cruises many times. We have now decided on a great B2B itinerary. To make a long story short…….can we transfer these booking numbers to a travel agent under the old rules? Anyone who has firsthand experience with this before I call RCCL?

We have OBB booking numbers where we booked a specific cruise while on board back before the changes. We never had it associated with a TA ,,,,, then you could do this as long as it was before final payment. This booking number has been moved to different cruises many times. We have now decided on a great B2B itinerary. To make a long story short…….can we transfer these booking numbers to a travel agent under the old rules? Anyone who has firsthand experience with this before I call RCCL?

My understanding is yes if it was before the date they made the change.

The booking needed to have been made before Oct 18, 2010 to be able to transfer the booking to a TA up to the final payment. The May 17, 2010 date is the date that the price drop rules changed. So if your booking was made before May 17, 2010, not only can you transfer the booking to a TA before final payment, you can also get credit for price drops up to 72 hours before sailing.

Bob

The booking needed to have been made before Oct 18, 2010 to be able to transfer the booking to a TA up to the final payment. The May 17, 2010 date is the date that the price drop rules changed. So if your booking was made before May 17, 2010, not only can you transfer the booking to a TA before final payment, you can also get credit for price drops up to 72 hours before sailing.

Bob

\

Cha ching Cha ching,,,,,,thank you very much. Somehow I knew keeping these 2 bookings in my back pocket would pay off some day. Hopefully I am not day dreaming here. Thank you!:D

\

Cha ching Cha ching,,,,,,thank you very much. Somehow I knew keeping these 2 bookings in my back pocket would pay off some day. Hopefully I am not day dreaming here. Thank you!:D

The only thing you will not be able to do is combine your OBC with another C&A benefit as the combining of two benefits went into effect June 1, 2010. You will still be able to combine any perks that your TA is giving you with your OBC.

The only thing you will not be able to do is combine your OBC with another C&A benefit as the combining of two benefits went into effect June 1, 2010. You will still be able to combine any perks that your TA is giving you with your OBC.

Thank you for your valued responce. Now I need search for a TA,,,,which I have never used one before,,,,,,to find out what is the best fit for us. This is where a referral would be great,,,,,but understand it cannot be done on CC

All in all this is good news for us:D

Thank you for your valued responce. Now I need search for a TA,,,,which I have never used one before,,,,,,to find out what is the best fit for us. This is where a referral would be great,,,,,but understand it cannot be done on CC

All in all this is good news for us:D

Good luck . Make sure when shopping that the TA knows the exact price you are paying before switching the reservation and also if you are using any balcony discounts, coupons etc. We found out the hard way. Thought we were getting perks and then once reservation was switched we were told that our balcony price was too low after our Diamond discount and using a B of A Visa coupon to qualify for the perks. Now we are trying to get the reservtion back from them.

And to add to what was posted...........make sure that the TA you select honors any/all price reductions without penalty. When I say penalty I mean eliminating any perk that was being offered when you transferred your booking.

Remember, unlike most, you are still eligible for any/all price reductions up until 72 hours prior to departure.........as long as those reductions aren't for new bookings only.

Archived