Launch Updates - Port Canaveral

More to follow everyone should watch this the launch is next to the port and trafic and hotels will be a nightmare.

"Moses said the precise date for the next launch opportunity would be announced on Monday or Tuesday"

this morning's local paper says

"pushing back to at least Sunday and perhaps May 10..."

"Don't take that as a launch date. Take that as a target."

There is an Atlas launch scheduled for 2:14 Friday afternoon. Saturday is the back up date for this launch. This is followed by scheduling issues with other departures from the space station. Days beyond 13 May for Endeavor will impact the schedule for the final final launch of Atlantis 28 June

Days beyond 13 May for Endeavor will impact the schedule for the final final launch of Atlantis 28 June

Oh how I hope that is not the case. I have my trip planned around the June 28th Atlantis launch.

GO ENDEAVOUR, GO!

For those interested in NASA, this is a cool independently made social media video (it gets me pumped every time I watch it):

Noooo.....

Endeavour has been postponed to NET May 16th. There is now a high possibility that Atlantis gets bumped to July 4th and I won't get to see the launch.

"NASA on Friday set 8:56 a.m. May 16 as the "no earlier than" launch date, and said a press conference at 3 p.m. today would update the status of Endeavour's planned 16-day mission to deliver spare parts and a science instrument to the International Space Station"

http://space.flatoday.net/2011/05/repairs-keep-endeavour-on-track-for-may.html

The local news paper over there is the "florida today". They always have updates

"NASA on Friday set 8:56 a.m. May 16 as the "no earlier than" launch date, and said a press conference at 3 p.m. today would update the status of Endeavour's planned 16-day mission to deliver spare parts and a science instrument to the International Space Station"

http://space.flatoday.net/2011/05/repairs-keep-endeavour-on-track-for-may.html

The local news paper over there is the "florida today". They always have updates

Thanks so much for the update......

Now I just have to worry about my return flight on May 21st at 12:30:eek::(.

For Atlantis (sts-135, the original June 28th launch), they are now saying that although no date is officially set yet, the launch will probably be the second week in July.

Archived