Early flight from Newark after EOS cruise

My DH and I are trying to figure out if we can make a debarkation from Explorer of the Seas [arrive Cape Liberty at 8AM] and make an 1130 flight at Newark Airport. Does anyone have any experiences with this port, debarkation from EoS and getting to the Newark Airport quickly?

Yes, we understand there could be unfoerseen circumstances, like if the ship had mechanical problems, fog or unusual customs problems that could prevent us from getting to an early flight...I am asking y'all if this would be possible under normal circumstances. Thanks!

Heather

Under normal circumstances you should be able to make the flight, particularly if you self-disembark. If you don't self-disembark, be sure to ask for the earliest departure time. When I sailed in Feb, I had an 8:30 time. By 9:15 we were getting into the shuttle and were back to the park/cruise airport hotel by 9:45. There are shuttles available to take you to the airport terminals for $15/pp. I've sailed 6 times from Cape Liberty and that was pretty much the norm for all sailings. However, unforseen events can always intervene.

A couple of years ago we were on the Explorer and you would not have made that Flight. We had to go back to be within helicopter range of San Juan so someone could be evacuated. Then we hit a storm so we could not make up the time. We docked around noon and were off by around 2pm

• 5 months later...

i have a flight departing EWR at 1910, are there any arrangements from RC for people with later flights..ie is there baggage storage or are you dropped at the airport as soon as ship is docked??? i have a package booked with flights and transfers included???

My DH and I are trying to figure out if we can make a debarkation from Explorer of the Seas [arrive Cape Liberty at 8AM] and make an 1130 flight at Newark Airport. Does anyone have any experiences with this port, debarkation from EoS and getting to the Newark Airport quickly?

Yes, we understand there could be unfoerseen circumstances, like if the ship had mechanical problems, fog or unusual customs problems that could prevent us from getting to an early flight...I am asking y'all if this would be possible under normal circumstances. Thanks!

Heather

I think an 11:30 AM flight out of Newark will be tight. Getting thru security in Newark can be a nightmare - and you would probably need to be there by 9:30 to be comfortable. Hope it works out for you.

i have a flight departing EWR at 1910, are there any arrangements from RC for people with later flights..ie is there baggage storage or are you dropped at the airport as soon as ship is docked??? i have a package booked with flights and transfers included???

there isn't anyplace near/at the airport to store bags IIRC (heck i was just there last weekend...:confused:)

you COULD get off the bus, and head over to P4 (a stop on the airport monorail) and get on the shuttle to the Marriott perhaps....you might be able to store your bags with the bellmen, eat and relax-perhaps they'd even have a part day room for you....

just an idea...HTH

Archived