Dining Room

cwstar

Do you sit with the same people each night in the dining room or is it someone different each night? If we decide to not eat there one night do we cancel our table or just not show up? Also there are 3 in our party, it seems to be couples usually, should we just sit at our own table (if that is allowed) or will they put us with the correct amount of people to fill a table?

With Traditional Ship dining, you eat with the same people each night. With "Anytime Dining" or "Personal Choice" on a couple lines, it's more like a restaurant where you show up whenever and they put you wherever. If you have traditional dining and you aren't going to show up one evening, notify the Maitre D' or waiter so they don't hold up serving everyone else for you.

If you want to know how this works on a specific ship you should ask on the dedicated board here at Cruise Critic

You can request a small table of your own ( seats 4) or you can request a large table ( 6-10 people) and they will group you with others. Sitting with others can really make your cruise very enjoyable.

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;12;04;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600[/img]
'Til my next cruise

Hi. On my (one and only) cruise, it appeared that you are seated with the same people each and every night. Another reason why I opted not to use the dining room, except for the "formal" night, and chose the alternative dining (buffet) instead. While I never really had a chance to meet and find out anything about the people we ended up sitting with, the short time we did spend with them, they all seemed like nice people. I did have a gripe in that it was my son and I and they seated us at table with all couples. I am not sure they did their homework and assumed that we were a "couple" too - I really wished we would have been seated at a table with other kids/teenagers. My personal opinion, the dining room was nice for that one night, but only that one night. The line to get into the early seating was tremendous; I can only imagine what late seating was like. I like the alternative dining because the food was excellent and you had tons of choices and if you opted only for the salad bar, you had it. If you only wanted dessert, you could have that too. I probably committed the ultimate cruiser faux pas in that immediately after dinner was over, my son and I took off out of there! We were just uncomfortable in the surroundings and our clothing!

need a vacation- Sorry to hear you were uncomfortable at your dining. Next time if you dont like where you are sitting head to the matre de and ask for a diffrent table. They will do everything in your power to make things comfortable for you and your son.

Going NOWHERE
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

Miracle, February 13, 2005
Legend, October 22,2004
Voyager August 31,2003
Victory September 22,2002
Regal Empress,June 2001
Sensation,August 2000

Archived