Surcharge and Tip is this new or I just mIssed it

pamkev

I have friends that are getting off the Equinox today they went to Tuscan Grill along with the surcharge they also were charge a 18 percent tip on top of that. When did this start? I was on the Millie in Sept and that didn't happen when we went to Murano's

Pam

I have friends that are getting off the Equinox today they went to Tuscan Grill along with the surcharge they also were charge a 18 percent tip on top of that. When did this start? I was on the Millie in Sept and that didn't happen when we went to Murano's

Pam

This was not the case for any of trips to any of the specialty restuarants, including the Tuscan Grill on our Eclipse cruise in Feb or our Constellation cruise in March.

Is it possible your freinds were confusing this with the 15% tip added automatically to any beverage purchases? I know this is a bit of a stretch but that one has always been in place.

This was not the case for any of trips to any of the specialty restuarants, including the Tuscan Grill on our Eclipse cruise in Feb or our Constellation cruise in March.

Is it possible your friends were confusing this with the 15% tip added automatically to any beverage purchases? I know this is a bit of a stretch but that one has always been in place.

No these are season cruisers who have cruised Celebrity many times and have eaten in the specialty restaurants many times and when they went to Guest Relations to question it they said this is the way it is done.

We are sailing on the Connie T/A on Saturday.

I called Celebrity (twice) & both reps said

there is no additional charge above the $60 I prepaid.

Jack

Jack, did you pay $60 for Ocean Liners? We paid $70.:(

Jack, did you pay $60 for Ocean Liners? We paid $70.:(

It is $35 per person, so $70 for a couple is the correct price. A portion of this money goes to the servers as a gratuity.

Ocean Liners, Normandie, those are $35. pp. Tuscan is $30. and I understand that some on the S class are $25. Bistro is $5.

We never had a surcharge on our bill in Tuscan. I'd question this again and ask to speak to someone who might have a clue.

Other than for beverages there is no % gratuity addded to the bill in addition to the surcharge for the venue.. ...we always add some extra but not in a percentage...something is wrong !!!

Ocean Liners, Normandie, those are $35. pp. Tuscan is $30. and I understand that some on the S class are $25. Bistro is $5.

On S-Class pricing is as follows:

Bistro on 5: $5 (Available on all S-Class ships)

Silk Harvest: $25 (Available on Solstice and Equinox)

Tuscan Grille: $30 (Available on all S-Class ships)

Lawn Club Grill: $30 (Available on Silhouette only)

Murano: $35 (Available on all S-Class ships)

Qsine: $35 (Available on Eclipse and Silhouette only)

Archived