Stupid questions about MTD

On our upcoming Allure cruise, early traditional dining is FULL with no more waitlisting available.

We are currently signed up for late traditional dining, but this is really too late for us and it doesn't work so well with the showtimes that we would like to book.

If I switch over to MTD, I know that tips are payable in advance. Do I have to pay for it right now, or is it added to my balance that is due on final payment day?

Secondly, I should be able to reserve 6pm or 6:30pm for the length of the cruise, and I should be able too get the same wait team every night, right?

On our upcoming Allure cruise, early traditional dining is FULL with no more waitlisting available.

We are currently signed up for late traditional dining, but this is really too late for us and it doesn't work so well with the showtimes that we would like to book.

If I switch over to MTD, I know that tips are payable in advance. Do I have to pay for it right now, or is it added to my balance that is due on final payment day?

Secondly, I should be able to reserve 6pm or 6:30pm for the length of the cruise, and I should be able too get the same wait team every night, right?

Make your decision quickly. Our July cruise has no MTD times available before 8 pm.

The tips will be added at final payment...if you can't make reservations for the times you want online ahead of time...I would head for the dining room as soon as you board...you should be able to make the reservations for the times you want then...it might help to be a bit flexible as far as having the same wait team...

You will pay for anything you book, at the time you book it. If you want it added to your shipboard account, you'll have to wait until you board the ship.

Did you even read my original post? I am aware that I can't add it to my shipboard account if I book it now. My question is if I must pay now, or at final payment.

The tips will be added at final payment...if you can't make reservations for the times you want online ahead of time...I would head for the dining room as soon as you board...you should be able to make the reservations for the times you want then...it might help to be a bit flexible as far as having the same wait team...

Make your decision quickly. Our July cruise has no MTD times available before 8 pm.

Thank you for very helpful replies!

Just to follow up: I called RCI and switched to MTD, and then booked 6:30pm for every night. (The only unavailable times were between 7-8pm). The tips were added to my balance due at final payment, so I did NOT need to pay now as cb at sea incorrectly suggested.

Thanks to kc320 and Vegas Vic for their helpful advice!

As far as having the same wait staff every night - we had a standing 6 pm reservation for every night of our 9 night cruise. We loved our wait staff on the first night and on the way out of the dining room asked the maitre 'd if we could be placed in their section every night. Not only did they say no problem, but we actually had the same table every night and were surrounded by other families that did the exact same thing! MTD worked really well for us, and being a party of four, we were in and out of the dining room in an hour, to 1 1/4 hours tops (which worked well with our kids).

Have a great cruise! :)

We were a party of 8 at an 8-top table so that made it easy to set up a standing time every night while on MTD and get the same team. The first night we liked them so much we asked what we needed to do and the head waiter said just arrange to come at the same time every night. So we set 6:30 and they saved the same table for us every night and it was very easy.

As for paying.... ther are really three payment points. At booking where deposit covers part of the tips added, if adding MTD later then at balance due time and if onboard then on final statement like any other onboard purchase. I thnk there was confusion about what final payment day meant in the context of balance due or the really final payment at end of cruise.

Archived