Bar setup order time

It is not too early. You can however be too late if you wait until two weeks before your cruise. We always order and request a confirmation receipt which we print out and take with us on the cruise. We have never had a problem but better to be safe than sorry.

:cool:

Ms belp and CrazyCanucks, thank you for answering my question! :)

I like that answer, by the way :D.

I was hoping it would be possible since I was afraid if it was closer I'd miss the ordering window :( or forget to order :rolleyes:.

Cheers to both of you, too! hick-up (excuse me, hehehe ;) )

:cool:

Ms belp and CrazyCanucks, thank you for answering my question! :)

I like that answer, by the way :D.

I was hoping it would be possible since I was afraid if it was closer I'd miss the ordering window :( or forget to order :rolleyes:.

Cheers to both of you, too! hick-up (excuse me, hehehe ;) )

Bummer, we sail on Sunday...missed it. rumrunnerflasks anyone?

I would call NCL. We were able to do it four days prior to our cruise. The rep we spoke to said you could order it up to 48 hours prior to the trip.

We ordered ours shortly after making final payment.

Be sure you print out the receipt you receive in email and take it with you in case there's a glitch and the liquor you ordered isn't in your cabin. I was glad we'd taken our receipt with us. We hadn't received our order and the front desk didn't have a record in their computer, but when I gave them the receipt, no problem, the liquor was sent to our cabin.

I would call NCL. We were able to do it four days prior to our cruise. The rep we spoke to said you could order it up to 48 hours prior to the trip.

Great information, Jeebs, thanks for posting it! :cool:

CAROL, I hope you get that bar setup after all :).

We ordered ours shortly after making final payment.

Be sure you print out the receipt you receive in email and take it with you in case there's a glitch and the liquor you ordered isn't in your cabin. I was glad we'd taken our receipt with us. We hadn't received our order and the front desk didn't have a record in their computer, but when I gave them the receipt, no problem, the liquor was sent to our cabin.

Excellent tip, NMLady, thanks for posting about your experience. Glad to hear they happily got it together for you. :cool:

It is not too early. You can however be too late if you wait until two weeks before your cruise. We always order and request a confirmation receipt which we print out and take with us on the cruise. We have never had a problem but better to be safe than sorry.

we usually order about a month or so in advance and yes, get a receipt via email. We have never had a problem with NCL but have with Princess and I have known a few that have had problems with Celebrity.

Nita

Would I be allowed to order 2 bottles of vodka and 2 bottles of wine? Ideally, I would like one bottle of Stoli's and 1 bottle of Absolute. I would like to not have to carry my wine onboard if possible.

Thanks,

Donna

Ok A little info here please what is a bar setup.

Bar setup is basically purchasing a bottle of alcohol for your stateroom. While somewhat expensive, it is still far better than purchasing at the bar.

A bottle of Bacardi (our last cruise was in April) was ~$60. This will get you much more than 6 cocktails at the bar (about $10 a piece at the bar) so it is a deal in that aspect. Plus you can have a drink or 3 before heading out to whatever you're doing! :D

Ok I drink Appleton Estates Jamacian rum. Can I order that or it's only certain brands avalible..

They only have certain brands available. You'll have to call NCL and they can run down the list. I recall asking about Crown Royal and I don't believe they offered that so the specialty rums might be even harder to get.

Sweet about the bar set-up!!

Does that include mixers too? If not do you pre-order them the same time as the alcohol or is that something you do once you get aboard the ship?

No mixers are available for pre-purchase. Depending on what kind of mixer you want, there are cans of coke, tonic, etc in the cabin fridge mini-bar for purchase. Or, you can order free extra oj drink or cranberry juice from room service at breakfast and save it in the cabin fridge. If you use other mixers you might want to bring them with you when you board.

Would I be allowed to order 2 bottles of vodka and 2 bottles of wine? Ideally, I would like one bottle of Stoli's and 1 bottle of Absolute. I would like to not have to carry my wine onboard if possible.

Thanks,

Donna

Baxter01 on post #3 in the following thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1288314 ordered multiple items, so it can be done. :)

Archived