Any Overspray Problems?

It's been a year and a half since the last overspray issue and if the posts are correct, they are no longer painting. If you're concerned, I'd go through the first parking area and cross the road to park in the area where all the handicapped spaces are. This will get you further away from any painting that could go on.

Thanks! I knew you'd have the answer.

We’ve only been there once & I’m confused about your directions. DH is very concerned so if I can park far from the possibility, I think I can convince him to dispense with the cover. I think we went left last year & were parked very near the exit. So close in fact that we walked across the road to the baggage/terminal area & did the same when we returned. After I pay, which way should I go?

After you pay, you are in the first lot. Go directly into the lot and make a left in the middle towards the ship. There is a break in the fence and a guy directing traffic. You cross the "drop off" road to the lot closest to the ship - this is where the handicapped parking is, but there are also regular spaces. This will put you on the same side of the road as the terminal. If you have trouble visualizing this, pull up Port Terminal Blvd. Bayonne on Google Map and look at the satellite picture.

I'm recently back from parking at Cape Liberty (4/23-28), and it appears they HAVE resumed operations. There was a large ship in port with the hull draped with what appeared to be plastic sheeting. I have to assume it was being repainted. I was parked in the lot that includes the handicapped spaces, and by my eye parts of that lot actually appeared to be closer to the ship being painted than the other lot...certainly the difference in distance wasn't great one way or the other, and I doubt it would make a big difference in the chance of your car being hit by overspray.

My car was covered with the usual salt fog crud I've almost always experienced when parking there. I haven't had the chance to wash the car yet, and I'm hoping after the dirt and grit is washed away there won't be any unpleasant surprises remaining. I am a little bit concerned because my windshield wipers are dragging a bit, and that was the first hint I had of a problem when my car was affected by a bit of overspray five or six years ago.

NJHorseman, any update on the possible overspray of your car per your post?

We plan to park at the pier next week.

Thanks

I've washed my car once, it didn't remove everything. I suspect there is more than just dirt and salt on the car. I plan to wash it once more to see how much more can be removed before contacting the drydock company. What I have on my car definitely isn't nearly as bad as what happened several years ago, but I still suspect it is overspray and not just ordinary grime.

I've washed my car once, it didn't remove everything. I suspect there is more than just dirt and salt on the car. I plan to wash it once more to see how much more can be removed before contacting the drydock company. What I have on my car definitely isn't nearly as bad as what happened several years ago, but I still suspect it is overspray and not just ordinary grime.

Sorry to hear that. I hope the car cleans up without too much of a hassle for you.

Archived