Power strip confiscation

I would think the extension cord would have been confiscated -those are definitely not allowed!

Au contraire --- they are allowed, though as with other similar items, must not pose a hazard (frayed wires and such).

Electrical devices such as fans, power strips, multi plug box outlets/adaptors, and extension cords will be removed if determined to pose a hazard and returned the last day of the cruise prior to debark

SOURCE

Herein lies the problem, if well informed people such as us (here on CC) don't all agree on what's permitted and what's not --- how in the world can we expect those working for Carnival, from wide ranging backgrounds, to understand this too!

Tom

Au contraire --- they are allowed, though as with other similar items, must not pose a hazard (frayed wires and such).

Electrical devices such as fans, power strips, multi plug box outlets/adaptors, and extension cords will be removed if determined to pose a hazard and returned the last day of the cruise prior to debark

SOURCE

Tom

I stand (or sit, actually) corrected!:D

Everyone I know (many) who use CPAP with a power cord, have had NO PROBLEMS!!! One friend even asked his doctor to write a prescription for the extension cord. Didn't need it, but he had it Just In Case!!! ;)

When they see the medically necessary items, I think it's easier. HOWEVER, I agree with another poster... be sure it's in good condition and can in no way be considered a danger. No frays, tape, or aging and wear and tear. I keep one power strip just for cruising. It stays in my suitcase until I travel. Of course I'd use it if I needed it, at home, but I'd replace it with the new one and rotate the new one to the suitcase!!!

What if you HAVE to have one for your CPAP machine?!?

Never had a problem getting an extension cord for this purpose. Off the Victory 2 weeks ago. the extension cord was new, the female end lighted up when plugged in (no puns please) so you knew had electrical continuity. I just don't bother to carry my own cord any more.

I never thought about it being a danger. I've got pwr strips all over my house. I always bring them along and never had a problem but will be sure to take one that is in good condition next time. I use a CPAP machine so definitely needs a pwr strip. I always carry the CPAP as a carry on as I don't trust airlines and cruise ship bag handlers. I wonder if having the strip in the same carryon bag as my CPAP would allow it thru w/o questions.

Archived