more than one bag?

can't imagine 2 people needing 400 lbs of stuff!!!

On our 2008 TA to London we met a Mom and Daughter who were moving from Miami as their winter place to Spain. So they were taking most of their Miami clothes and personal items back to London. They easily were right at the limit. We met a large number of UK ex-pats transiting back for the summer and I am sure many of them also had lots of luggage.

:p

Thanks to both of you - DH is very excited about how much stuff he can take, and I reckon he will give his 200lb, and mine, a good go!!! Thanks again

We cruised on IOS last summer and loved it. We drove down from Scotland and each of our four family members had a large suitcase each, hand luggage and a total of 2-3 suit bags (not each). Needless to say, we over packed!! For our first cruise it was great though, because now we know what we need (lots of shorts/t-shirts for the kids) and don't need (shoes for Mummy!) for when we join FOS (flying out of London) this summer. We stored all the bags under the beds so there was enough space.

One thing I did learn was there is no need to pack books if you aren't too fussy with what you read. If you visit the library on board, there are plenty of books you can either sign out or borrow. Mainly 'chick lit' and murder mysteries but just fine for reading in the sun or in the solarium pool. I brought loads of paperbacks that I left on board for others to share.

Enjoy your cruise. Happy to answer any questions if you have any.

Archived