Carnival Bikini (sun bathing requirements)

vizzle

I see nothing wrong at all with the bathing suit you posted a pic of -- if she can rock that suit? then she should go ahead and ROCK it. As a 48 year old woman who works very diligently to make sure I can still wear a bikini? More power to her!

If she thinks that tweens or kids would be offended, she can just wear a cover-up until she gets to the adult pool area -- it is, after all, the "adult pool area" -- so....if people bring their kids there, that's their responsibility - just MHO.

I see nothing wrong at all with the bathing suit you posted a pic of -- if she can rock that suit? then she should go ahead and ROCK it. As a 48 year old woman who works very diligently to make sure I can still wear a bikini? More power to her!

If she thinks that tweens or kids would be offended, she can just wear a cover-up until she gets to the adult pool area -- it is, after all, the "adult pool area" -- so....if people bring their kids there, that's their responsibility - just MHO.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/images/icons/icon14.gif

True...there is no more official Topless Deck.

However, I have seen women sunbathing topless on the higher up decks forward. Not a Serenity Adult Only area.

And yes, Carnival employees knew they were topless. They kept bringing them drinks.

And no, they were not asked to cover up.

I think if she's discreet, there will be no problem. The worst that can happen is she'll be asked to cover up.

I more didn't want her to get in trouble. I Don't mind her getting all the attention she wants! It's not like there are many single guys on a cruise right? Mostly just married men. Regardless she loves to sun bathe, and wanted to know what the was considered acceptable by the rules.

I assume you are kidding about the mostly just married men.........that couldn't be further from the truth........

All styles of bikini's can be worn around all pool area's, but she will have to put on a cover up when going into the buffet.

Just out of curiosity, is there any benefit to wearing a bathing suit like that?

As a man, im very grateful to those of you who can and do wear them, even more grateful to whomever invented them! I just always thought that if i were a woman, i wouldn't wear em...they just look crazy uncomfortable.

Is it just a vanity thing?

Just out of curiosity, is there any benefit to wearing a bathing suit like that?

As a man, im very grateful to those of you who can and do wear them, even more grateful to whomever invented them! I just always thought that if i were a woman, i wouldn't wear em...they just look crazy uncomfortable.

Don't have to worry about getting wedgy.....

I assume you are kidding about the mostly just married men.........that couldn't be further from the truth........

All styles of bikini's can be worn around all pool area's, but she will have to put on a cover up when going into the buffet.

I was partially kidding about the married men. I don't know really. I am a man, and don't notice them. Are there that many single men on board? As a woman do you find yourself being hit on? That is not my goal here for her to be "attacked". Just curious what your take on that is.

Let her wear what she is comfortable in. You will have some that come on hear and say that Carnival is a family vacation and you shouldn't be allowed around the pool unless you are dressed like the Amish. blah, blah, blah....

BTW, I am married. There is a reason I wear sunglasses.

Just off the Glory on Sunday and unfortunately we had to get security to remind a couple of ladies that Half Moon Cay is not a topless beach. They were in a much too public area for that, near cabanas 9&10. They could have gone down the beach a ways and no one would have been affected. Too many kids where they were at.

She is HoT!!!

So this would be permittable?

http://www.lookswimwear.com/product.php?productid=16274&cat=267&page=1

Yes ... Regardless of someone's personal opinion, it's a bathing suit and that is the only rule. Our DSs have cruised since they were 3 and 5 (now 18 and 21). They both only wish the funnel deck was still there (as it used to be).

Have a great cruise and enjoy the sun... We will soon, just to old for the Bikinis, Thongs, and (yes I'll admit it) Speedos (liked the quick drying and comfort under a wet suit or "skins" when diving)..

B&B

B&B

No, they aren't, but my almost 4 year old will have no problem telling you about yourself and your butt showing.

And I would have no problem telling him that in this type of bikini it is suppose to show..........

Just off the Glory on Sunday and unfortunately we had to get security to remind a couple of ladies that Half Moon Cay is not a topless beach. They were in a much too public area for that, near cabanas 9&10. They could have gone down the beach a ways and no one would have been affected. Too many kids where they were at.

Suggest you not go to Germany then, most every beach is a topless beach. Come tho think of it, in Italy, it was topless and bottomless on the beach near Latina!!!

The way I look at is.. You are paying for this cruise, so you should wear what you want as long as it is acceptable. So if a thong bikini swim suit is what your wife wants to wear & there are no rules permitting it, then go ahead! I have a toddler who I cruise with, and seeing a woman in a thong bikini swim suit is certainly not going to ruin my vacation.

Don't have to worry about getting wedgy.....

There are really two philosophies on the subject of thongs whether they be bikinis or undies. There are those that say "I spend half my life picking it out of there, why in the world would I want to put it there." The others, "It is going to wind up there anyway, so might as well put it there to begin with." Each to there own.

Ok my wife wants to know what the guidelines are? What is acceptable, permitted, etc?

She doesn't want to be in violation.

Are there different rules in the Adult only section?

Thanks.

Strings and small triangles is all that is required..........:D

Archived