"LIVE" From the FREEDOM of the SEAS, 8-15 May 2011 (Eastern)

It is just after the 4:30 "All Aboard" time so we are going to watch for runners awhile and then head toward dinner in the MDR.

More later...

Hey Trainman, I live in Palm Coast also (P-Section) hope your having a great time we sail 8/28 ....

:)

Hoping you go for either the New England Bay Scallops and Ziti or the Fishermans Plate which will have the lobster and garlic shrimp tomorrow. If you take a picture of either one, this hungry ol' lady will be eternally grateful.

Hi Trainman me and my wife will be cruising on freedom on 9/4/11 Im thinking of taking her to Chops grill and Portofino but not sure if portofino is worth it? any advice? Also do you have any info pics on sorrento's menu or the room service menu? or Johnny Rockets?. I truly enjoy reading your updates and pics.

Tor Isak Olsen - Captain

Graham Seymour - Cruise Director

Does anyone know what happened to Captain Rob Hempstead who just went aboard FOS in late March? We were on FOS for a B2B during first two weeks of April and Capt Rob was well received by the passengers. He is the only American Captain in the fleet (from Rhode Island). Great sense of humor and we were able to get a bridge tour with him while onboard. If he is already gone, his stay on FOS was very brief....

Day 6 - Friday - At Sea

Good Morning Everyone,

Life is good here on the Freedom of the Seas in the Eastern Caribbean

DSCN2630.jpg

DSCN2627.jpg

DSCN2625.jpg

DSCN2626.jpg

Last Night we had heavy thunderstorms! We went right through the middle of one and the lightening flashed and cracks of thunder came almost at the same time!

Blowing Wind and Pouring Rain. We enjoyed sitting on the balcony and watching. We stayed dry and enjoyed the show.

Does anyone know what happened to Captain Rob Hempstead who just went aboard FOS in late March? We were on FOS for a B2B during first two weeks of April and Capt Rob was well received by the passengers. He is the only American Captain in the fleet (from Rhode Island). Great sense of humor and we were able to get a bridge tour with him while onboard. If he is already gone, his stay on FOS was very brief....

I think Captain Rob is now on the Enchantment out of Baltimore. He was on the Grandeur when she sailed from that port and I believe he transferred to Enchantment when that ship moved to Baltimore.

I agree-he is the best Captain! Love his sense of humor.

Trainman-thanks for sharing your cruise with us. Have a great day at sea today!

There has been a lot of noticeable movement of the ship since dinner last night.

Judith first noticed it at dinner when she told me she felt a big "queasy"!

You can hear occasional "creaking" in the cabin as the ship moves.

But it is not bad at all. Judith is now used to it.

I can feel myself swaying slowly left and right as I type at the desk in our cabin. I am facing aft...

There is almost no wind outside. It was 4 mph last time I checked and the seas are glassy. The only noticeable wind is from the speed of the ship.

A "Walk About" on Deck 12

I started as I came out of the Starboard Elevator Lobby and headed aft. When I got to the walking-jogging track on the port side, everyone was going the wrong way so I had to dodge a bunch of folks.

I had a request for the Johnny Rockets menu...

DSCN2641.jpg

DSCN2642.jpg

And another request for photos of the new movie screen

DSCN2658.jpg

DSCN2663.jpg

DSCN2689.jpg

For the rest of the 58 photos, please follow the link below. Sorry but it would take a long time at $.30/minute for me to link them directly.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v329/Trainman-2/2011%20May%20Freedom%20of%20the%20Seas/Day%206%20Friday/Deck%2012%20Walk%20About/?start=all

Yes they do. but the price does not change if you get two or 4 beers but you get them in a plastic bucket with ice that melts fast.

So is it cheaper than buying them individually? Maybe it was a little cooler of beer I was thinking about?????

I saw this sign several times on Deck 12...

DSCN2677.jpg

It occurred to me that I could have some similar signs made up for my next cruise on the Freedom that said "Do Not Throw Objects Or Chair Hogs Overboard" and attach them on top of the existing signs. :eek:

I wonder how long it would take for the change to be noticed. :D

I think Captain Rob is now on the Enchantment out of Baltimore. He was on the Grandeur when she sailed from that port and I believe he transferred to Enchantment when that ship moved to Baltimore.

I agree-he is the best Captain! Love his sense of humor.

Trainman-thanks for sharing your cruise with us. Have a great day at sea today!

We had Captain Rob on Enchantment in January. He stated he was about to go on vacation for how long he did not say. Nor did he say which ship he would be coming back to.

HAHAHAHA Chair Hog!!! Too bad you did not get a picture of his face forever shamed for being caught!! I just HATE chair hogs. I make it my mission to sit in their loungers on every cruise. Thank you so much for the week on board with you. Freedom was our last cruise and we loved her so much we are going to supersize next year and go on Oasis. It has been a great pleasure to read your posts all week. Your cruise last year was the reason that we went on Freedom the first time.

Much happiness to you for the rest of your week onboard!!:rolleyes:

Dinner in the MDR was Good Tonight...

DSCN2615.jpg

I had the Scallop Risotto appetizer tonight. I seem to recall that the last time I had it there was one giant scallop. This time there were two smaller ones. It was still excellent.

DSCN2616.jpg

Judith and I both had the Lamb Shank tonight. I thought mine was a bit dry but Judith said hers was excellent.

DSCN2620.jpg

I love the tiger garlic shrimp!! :D:D

Lots of Wave and Surf Action in the pools this morning...

DSCN2670.jpg

Morning Trainman,,

Did they do any renovations in the Solarium,,like maybe some new plush chairs instead of the table and chairs:eek:,,And that little bridge over the pool area looks new,,,don't remember it....

HAHAHAHA Chair Hog!!! Too bad you did not get a picture of his face forever shamed for being caught!! I just HATE chair hogs. I make it my mission to sit in their loungers on every cruise. Thank you so much for the week on board with you. Freedom was our last cruise and we loved her so much we are going to supersize next year and go on Oasis. It has been a great pleasure to read your posts all week. Your cruise last year was the reason that we went on Freedom the first time.

Much happiness to you for the rest of your week onboard!!:rolleyes:

We had a big problem with some of those "chair hogs" last cruise:mad:,, people are just plain rude,,all about me, me and me:mad::mad:..

I LOVE early mornings on the ship....it is like you have your own private vessel, since very few folks are up yet....Sunrise and a cup of tea is my favorite activity, especially on sea days...

Thanks, Trainman for including those pictures...just a few weeks till I am there!!!!:cool:

Archived