"LIVE" From the FREEDOM of the SEAS, 8-15 May 2011 (Eastern)

Thank you so much for your posts. I feel like I am getting a preview of my cruise on 06//05/11. Everyday when I read your posts I get a little more excited. It is nice to have a headsup about when some events are held.

Glad you feel better!

We wish you and Judith many more wonderful cruises. I think it is one of the best vacations for a couple to take.

Trudie

Trudie,

Did you sign up for the M&M for our cruise yet??? there are alot of us going!!!!

Luv your pictures TrainMan...hate to see your cruise end tomorrow.

I have been meaning for some time to comment on RCI's biscuits and gravy.

I am from the South where Biscuits and Gravy have been raised to an Art Form!

If a restaurant opened anywhere in the south featuring RCI's offering, it would be laughed out of business within a week and the cook run out of town on a rail!

RCI's Biscuits are flat and hard! I recall reading about the olden days of wooden ships and iron men and they ate something called "hardtack". Perhaps RCI is trying to emulate that? I surely don't know.

And even though the white gravy has a good flavor, until this cruise it has always contained cut sections of link sausage in stead of crumbled up bulk sausage. I am not sure what the sausage is but it may be chopped up link sausage. Links chopped fine so it is hard to tell if they were once links or not.

Anyway, RCI's Biscuits and Gravy get a solid Below Average rating!

Totally agree. I'm originally from Mississippi - didn't see anything that remotely resembled biscuits and gravy.

We had Captain Rob on Enchantment in January. He stated he was about to go on vacation for how long he did not say. Nor did he say which ship he would be coming back to.

At the captains question and answer question I am sure he said he did 8 on and 8 off the ship? Agree he is really funny and we saw him eating tea in the windjammer on a couple of evenings on our b2b:D

Hey Jim!

Have enjoyed cruising along with you this week....as usual!

Just curious. Have you ever gone to the Diamond/Diamond Plus area of the MDR for breakfast? Ever since we discovered that a while back....we haven't been back to the Windjammer. The food is sooooooo much better. And the service is wonderful.

Hope our cruise paths cross some time!

Hey Jim!

Just curious. Have you ever gone to the Diamond/Diamond Plus area of the MDR for breakfast? Ever since we discovered that a while back....we haven't been back to the Windjammer. The food is sooooooo much better. And the service is wonderful.

Interesting! Never knew there was a D/D+ area in the MDR for breakfast!

Interesting! Never knew there was a D/D+ area in the MDR for breakfast!

Oh yes!!!! It's fabulous!!!! You can get specialty coffees....no charge. We have really been spoiled. On the Serenade... I ordered pancakes one day and got this:

453.jpg

We had the same waiters every day and they went way above and beyond!!! Nope......No more Windjammer for me!!!

Bonnie....Hang in there! You'll get there!

Oh yes!!!! It's fabulous!!!! You can get specialty coffees....no charge. We have really been spoiled. On the Serenade... I ordered pancakes one day and got this:

453.jpg

We had the same waiters every day and they went way above and beyond!!! Nope......No more Windjammer for me!!!

Bonnie....Hang in there! You'll get there!

You sure those pancakes aren't from a Disney cruise? ;)

Will someone please tell me where is the Diamond/plus in the MDR for breakfast:confused::confused:,, if that's a secret please let me know the answer,,we are Diamond/Diamond plus.....:):)

If my memory serves me right it is a one time special breakfast they plan for only the D/D+ passengers. I think it was either the last full day or the day before, not sure. Not sure what deck it is served but it is not the lower dining room since that is where all the other passengers have the open seating breakfast.

Tim

Hi there:

There should be a letter delivered to your cabin the first night you are on the ship that details your D - D+ perks, such as where the Diamond party will be held, etc. In the text of that letter, you will find a sentence that tells you where the D - D+ breakfast will be held and the times it is available. We have had both a separate room (probably on ships with a small number of D - D+ members sailing or an entire floor of the dining room when there were so many D - D+ members we went to the regular dining room and got better food and service. It just depends on the sailing. You can also probably ask the loyalty ambassador about it if you don't receive your letter for some reason. We love the special breakfast and almost never go to the Windjammer unless we have an early excursion and the dining room isn't opened yet. It is a great perk! Hope that helps!

Paula

We were on FOS sailing on May 1st and Captain Rob was our captain. However, he had a medical emergency in Grand Cayman and was taken by ambulance off the pier to a local GC Hospital. WE were told he was "stable" and was being airlifted to a Miami hospital. We really enjoyed having him as our captain!

If my memory serves me right it is a one time special breakfast they plan for only the D/D+ passengers. I think it was either the last full day or the day before, not sure. Not sure what deck it is served but it is not the lower dining room since that is where all the other passengers have the open seating breakfast.

Tim

Absolutely Not!! It is for the entire cruise. It is usually in a small section of the dining room on the bottom floor. We have had this on every cruise since Christmas of 2009. It is not advertised.....this is something you have to just know about. I'm telling you .....it is wonderful!

Absolutely Not!! It is for the entire cruise. It is usually in a small section of the dining room on the bottom floor. We have had this on every cruise since Christmas of 2009. It is not advertised.....this is something you have to just know about. I'm telling you .....it is wonderful!

Jane

THANKS!!! for correcting me. Can you try to help me in what I am thinking of? I was thinking it was a one day only thing.

Tim

Tim.....There is usually some kind of D/D+ brunch or some kind of gathering on each cruise. Each ship is different.....and that is usually done on the last sea day. But the special breakfast area should be on each sailing. Ask your dining room waiter and he will know where it is. It is from 7-9 on port days and 8-10 on sea days. Like i said.....it is not very well publicized. There have been very few people in this dining room because of that.

Hello Everyone,

It has been a busy day today with a bridge tour, a galley tour, and convention sessions.

I have a bunch of photos from the tours that I will upload tomorrow or Monday from home. I also have all the Compasses and lots of other stuff to scan and post.

The time has come to say "Good Bye" from the Freedom of the Seas.

Judith has been totally converted!

When I first mentioned cruising to her months ago his first comment was that she would be bored. She Was Wrong!

She is a card carrying, true blue, Balcony Snob now!

Here we are just before dinner tonight in the Viking Crown Lounge on Deck 14.

DSCN2811.jpg

Our next cruise will be on the Oasis in September. When I get home I will post our future cruise schedule.

When I first mentioned cruising to her months ago his first comment was that she would be bored. She Was Wrong!

DSCN2811.jpg

Our next cruise will be on the Oasis in September. When I get home I will post our future cruise schedule.

Trainman, you are the GREATEST!!!

It is so nice that Judith has became a cruiser just like the rest of us.

Congrats on your find.

THANKS for a great week!!!

Tim

DSCN2811.jpg

have the same picture of me and my wife at the same table, great place for a pre dinner drink and smoke!!

Archived