Can Diamond International points be used on Princess cruises?

twinkle toes

Hi everyone. I have some friends who might be interested in cruising with us, but they are members of the Diamond Resort International and thus have "points" that they hope to use somehow. Does anyone know if these points are usable on Princess cruises or not? Any info would be great. Thanks.

My take on exchanges are, they are highly unfavorable in terms of value! Buy into places/shares where you really will use the home site or the internal resorts, exchanging out quickly becomes a circus of low availibility and or low value exchange IMHO.

My friends have a time share and I have no clue who it is with. They used the points to go on a HAL Mexican cruise in October. They ended up exchanging points and then paid the same amount as other passengers as Mexico in October is one of the cheapest times to go. When they told me how much they paid (along with points) - I was afraid to tell them that they could have gotten the cruise for just what they paid.

I have heard of others who looked into it and the exchange rate was not favorable.

Not sure how it would translate to other timeshares, but I've done a bit of reading on using Disney Vacation Club points for Disney cruises, and in general, it doesn't seem like it would be a good use of points. Depending on the time of year, A 7-day Caribbean sailing on DCL in the lowest category inside cabin costs about 127-159 points per passenger for the first two passengers, and approximately 200-300 points per passenger for a verandah cabin. To put that into perspective, a week in a studio at Disney Beach Club Villas in the middle of Summer would only be 134 points total for up to 4 people.

We also own points in Diamond International. When I looked into exchanging points for a cruise, it was not worth it. Very poor return for the points and difficulty getting the Diamond customer service agent to give me the Princess website price not the brochure price.

Archived