Am I a past passenger?

IWORK2CRUISE

Hi all,

We are considering our 1st Princess cruise. Most of our cruises have been on NCl and RCCL but we do have 2 Carnival past cruises.

Since the ownership is now the same, do our Carnival cruises count for any type of benefit on Princess?

It is always nice to receive an extra perk or 2 when possible.

Thanks in advance for all who may comment.

Sorry, no perks of value. The only past passenger status you will have on Princess is access to the past passenger fares as part of the World's Leading Cruiseline group. One can almost always get better fares with a discount TA. Your cruise card will be blue and you will be considered a first-time cruiser on Princess.

Sorry, no perks of value. The only past passenger status you will have on Princess is access to the past passenger fares as part of the World's Leading Cruiseline group. One can almost always get better fares with a discount TA. Your cruise card will be blue and you will be considered a first-time cruiser on Princess.

Thanks. A past passenger fare might come in handy!

Just keep in mind that you can get discounted pricing on Princess. Shop around for a good discount TA and you can beat Princess past passenger rate everytime if you find a good one. Good Luck!

Unlike Royal Caribbean, Princess allows TAs to discount so you can get a much better fare than on the Princess website or as a "past passenger." Find a TA who specializes in and books a lot of Princess cruises.

Cunard and Sitmar count as past cruises on Princess but not Carnival - Sorry.

Although we have the exact same past passenger number on Cunard and Princess, the number of past cruises counted toward elite status has been separate for each line. If that policy has changed in the past 1.5 years, I will stand corrected and ask that my accounts be combined.

Although we have the exact same past passenger number on Cunard and Princess, the number of past cruises counted toward elite status has been separate for each line. If that policy has changed in the past 1.5 years, I will stand corrected and ask that my accounts be combined.

I have never heard of Cunard cruises counting towards your status in Princess Captain's Circle. Past Sitmar cruises and P&O cruises do though. ;)

I have never heard of Cunard cruises counting towards your status in Princess Captain's Circle. Past Sitmar cruises and P&O cruises do though. ;)

That's what I thought, though cruiseron36 presents other information I can't seem to confirm anywhere else.

Hi all,

We are considering our 1st Princess cruise. Most of our cruises have been on NCl and RCCL but we do have 2 Carnival past cruises. OK

Since the ownership is now the same, do our Carnival cruises count for any type of benefit on Princess? NO

It is always nice to receive an extra perk or 2 when possible.

Thanks in advance for all who may comment.

There are no other cruiselines that count toward a past passenger status. Your Captains' Circle number must be generated by Princess Cruise Lines.

I know for a fact that cruises on P&O also count toward previous cruises with Princess' Captain's Circle status.

Ciao for now!!!

What about Holland? Will that be counted as a past passenger? Thanks in advance!:o

Any ships that sail under the CCL Corp umbrella would be counted as a past passenger, but the combined sailings from the different lines do not count towards each lines past passenger status/program. They are not combinable. Past passenger discounts, if they are available, are all you would receive.

Any ships that sail under the CCL Corp umbrella would be counted as a past passenger, but the combined sailings from the different lines do not count towards each lines past passenger status/program. They are not combinable. Past passenger discounts, if they are available, are all you would receive.
Right. Each of the cruise lines owned by the holding company, Carnival Corp (not to be confused with Carnival Cruise Lines), are managed and operated separately. Because P&O owned Princess before both were sold to Carnival, there is a special relationship and their past passenger cruises are combinable. You won't get any perks for having sailed on HAL, Cunard, Seabourne, etc. other than the past passenger discount but then you could do better booking with a TA, so that's a moot benefit.

Policy may have changed. We have some cruise travel mates that were able to get their old Cunard and Sitmar cruises added to their Princess count. This was, however, about ten years ago or more.
Sitmar, yes. Cunard, no. Cunard has never been combinable. Sitmar was purchased by P&O, and P&O combined P&O, Sitmar and Princess past cruises. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sitmar_Cruises

Sitmar, yes. Cunard, no. Cunard has never been combinable. Sitmar was purchased by P&O, and P&O combined P&O, Sitmar and Princess past cruises. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sitmar_Cruises

You may be correct in your info, however, they DID get cruise credit for the Cunard and Sitmar cruises they had taken in the past. Sorry about that!

Pam, you have to be the "Wikipedia of CC" :D. I knew P&O was affiiated for past pax goodies, but had in fact forgot that Sitmar was purchased by P&O.

Now I do recall the old Fairsea in its cream/ochre funnel leaving Vancouver under the Lion's Gate Bridge back in the 60s. She was the predecessor to the original Love Boats (Island and Pacific), and P&O's Spirit of London eventually became the Sky Princess if I recall.

Ah the days of the smaller ships, but then again we still have the option to cruise on "the babies" which are still larger than these old beauties.

Ciao for now!!!

OK...so we are booked on the Ruby Princess for next year at a fairly decent rate...but I am able to see on many of the discount online TA's that there is a past pax rate of $100 less per person....

so please answer me in simple terms......we sailed on CCL 2x before..all of us...so do we qualify for the past pax $100 less fare on next years Princess cruise?

TA says no....but I am not so sure......and many of the answers here are somewhat complicated.....but maybe I can get a simple answer here...thanks..

OK...so we are booked on the Ruby Princess for next year at a fairly decent rate...but I am able to see on many of the discount online TA's that there is a past pax rate of $100 less per person....

so please answer me in simple terms......we sailed on CCL 2x before..all of us...so do we qualify for the past pax $100 less fare on next years Princess cruise?

TA says no....but I am not so sure......and many of the answers here are somewhat complicated.....but maybe I can get a simple answer here...thanks..

The prices you are seeing for online discount TA's might be lower for other reasons and not $100 less because of a past passenger rate. If you booked with a discount TA, the price you receive should be better than any past passenger rate anyway. But since you have sailed on Carnival, yes, you should be able to get a past passenger discount price.

If the TA says they can not get you the lower rate, it doesn't matter what anyone here says. You are stuck with paying $100 more than you are finding elsewhere as your TA will not lower the price anymore.

If you are paying the Princess rate (as per their website), I would be finding a better discount TA, as your TA is not discounting at all. Good Luck!

The prices you are seeing for online discount TA's might be lower for other reasons and not $100 less because of a past passenger rate. If you booked with a discount TA, the price you receive should be better than any past passenger rate anyway. But since you have sailed on Carnival, yes, you should be able to get a past passenger discount price.

If the TA says they can not get you the lower rate, it doesn't matter what anyone here says. You are stuck with paying $100 more than you are finding elsewhere as your TA will not lower the price anymore.

If you are paying the Princess rate (as per their website), I would be finding a better discount TA, as your TA is not discounting at all. Good Luck!

you are a bit off with your thinking...and no the online TA is lower than all the rest and gave us an OBC as well....and FYI, when I click on the price...it says...Past Pax Rate...and it is $100 less than the lowest price the online TA has....

your answer is too complicated...and that is why I asked for a simple answer.....because everyone here goes on about other things...like I should get a better TA...when they have no clue...you say I am a past pax even though I have never sailed on Princess before? Do you know this to be true? If it is...I will tell hime to give it to me...or I will find one who will...so I can take care of that aspect

so once more....Does sailing on CCL...mean that someone can get a past pax rate on Princess? Does anyone have a definitive answer? Yes, I will be call PCL as well...I just know that knowledge is power...so I would like to hear what folks are thinking.

Thanks

so once more....Does sailing on CCL...mean that someone can get a past pax rate on Princess? Does anyone have a definitive answer? Yes, I will be call PCL as well...I just know that knowledge is power...so I would like to hear what folks are thinking.
Technically, you can get a past passenger rate but it gets complicated because there are promotions and group rates for which you won't get an additional $100 or past passenger rate off. Only your TA can accurately give you an answer whether your particular booking/sailing/cabin category qualifies.

And, I will repeat that there are TAs who will give you a much better price than booking at the Princess online rate, even with a past passenger perk. If you're happy with only $100, then I'm happy for you. I just prefer to get a lower overall rate, plus perks, even though I'm obviously a past passenger and qualify.

Technically, you can get a past passenger rate but it gets complicated because there are promotions and group rates for which you won't get an additional $100 or past passenger rate off. Only your TA can accurately give you an answer whether your particular booking/sailing/cabin category qualifies.

And, I will repeat that there are TAs who will give you a much better price than booking at the Princess online rate, even with a past passenger perk. If you're happy with only $100, then I'm happy for you. I just prefer to get a lower overall rate, plus perks, even though I'm obviously a past passenger and qualify.

Pam that is why I stopped explaining, as it isn't a cut and dry yes or no answer. :) It is a bit more complicated then that, as you posted. ;)

Archived