Train from hamilton,nj-newark penn-cape liberty

DONNALAKA

I don't see a problem doing this. When do you sail? The train costs $11 and takes 45 minutes to an hour. They run about twice an hour. The only issue I can think of is if you have to park your car at Hamilton Station on a weekday morning.

Provided you're capable of getting your luggage onto the train at Hamilton and off a Newark Penn Station without any help, yes. I don't recommend you travel on a rush hour train as it will be very crowded and NJ Transit trains aren't designed with a lot of room for luggage because they're commuter trains. You'll have to take a taxi from Newark Penn Station to Cape Liberty...which will cost about $50.

Parking at the Hamilton station is $10 every 24 hours. You may wish to consider the additional $9/day at the port vs. the hassle of taking luggage on the train/in the taxi.

(I live in Hamilton - I plan to drive to the port)

That's pricey parking. It will cost you $44 for the train, $100+ for the cab, plus $10/day to park. A 12 day cruise would be about break even and anything less it is more expensive to park and take the train.

Archived