Arcadia or Azura ?

Gemlea

Arcadia (Nov-Dec) or Azura (Oct-Nov)? Which would you choose - and why?

Both do a 23 night round trip Southampton - Caribbean. I know that ship preference is subjective, but I am really concerned at the amount of negative comments I am reading and hearing about Arcadia. For the length of time we are on board, I don't want to get this choice wrong.

I would choose either, but Arcadia is our favourite ship - sophisticated and subtle. We have done 100 nights on board so we obviously like her!

We deliberated before we booked the same cruise - but as you know Arcadia won because she has the fabulous Spa and the covered pool. Plus we LOVE the aft cabins on her more than those on Azura.

Both do a 23 night round trip Southampton - Caribbean. I know that ship preference is subjective, but I am really concerned at the amount of negative comments I am reading and hearing about Arcadia. For the length of time we are on board, I don't want to get this choice wrong.

Given the choice of those two ships, I'd book on the Queen Elizabeth, which is doing the same trip in late 2011.

:):)Arcadia is our favourite ship and we have already booked her Caribbean voyage in Nov12.

As adult only she is very civilised and the covered outdoor pool is a bonus.

Her cabins are all of a good size and very comfortable.

Before the Caribbean we are doing 2 sectors of her 2012 Grand Voyage.:cool:

For the length of time we are on board, I don't want to get this choice wrong.

Meant to say, we were on her 35 nights of last year's World Cruise - in an aft cabin - and we're going back!

No aft cabins I'm afraid.

We discounted Aurora for the same reason! Isn't it funny how we all prioritise and discount ships for the smallest of reasons.::D

The fact that we are used to and prefer My Time Dining was the final nail in Arcadia's coffin I'm afraid. That and the fact we love Indian food:D:D and Azura has the Speciality Indian restaurant!

Also, we are going to try out an Aft cabin on Azura - fingers crossed for the end of the hurricane season:eek:

Thanks everyone for your help and comments - and go back to sleep Venator Caudicum::rolleyes:

I'm with Cruiseluvva on this, Arcadia is great and so is Azura -lol, My top 2 favourite ships of the fleet. Obviously Azura is bigger, and has plenty of places to go to eat and be entertained. Arcadia is child free so will have a quieter relaxed feel to it, especially around the pools and in the dining room.... both lovely ships.

Have photos of both - Albums just of the ship if you want to see them.

''but I am really concerned at the amount of negative comments I am reading and hearing about Arcadia. For the length of time we are on board, I don't want to get this choice wrong.''

If you read ship reviews, you will find negative comments on all the ships at sea, Including Cunard ones!! - Best to make up your own mind on this :)

Like Janey and Aurora, I was about to say - why discount the same cruise on Oriana in September (which I have booked) - but then you said about the aft cabins. As you say - lets hope for a quiet end to the hurrican season!!

I hear what you are all saying, and understand that peoples views are very subjective. I did read the good reviews as well as the bad, and I am sure Arcadia (and probably the rest of the P & O fleet - dv) will see us at some point, but we are going from the mighty Liberty and Independence of the Seas - all singing / all dancing to a gentle stroll across the Atlantic, and for us, I just think that its best to calm our lives down in stages. ;) We would love to have sailed on the Oriana, but unfortunately September 2012 is out for us.

Resisting the temptation to ask if you are Jesus Christ, I am bound to suggest that you must be Poseidon instead. Gentle stroll? This is the Atlantic!

Entitled to hope.:p

Definitely Arcadia wins! Did not enjoy our Caribb. cruise on Azura last winter whereas earlier cruises to Baltic & secondly through Panama Canal ,were excellent. Arcadia as adult only has much better ambience, food & entertainment plus never seemed crowded. In contrast Azura always felt overcrowded, restaurant food less than satisfactory,self-service food OK but selection areas & seating areas often very crowded,narrow promenade deck (& not fully wrap-around),uncomfortable loungers on prom. deck, library very small (but lots of space devoted to displays of books & magazines),insufficient space on stern decks for loungers.But our cabin (with balcony) on Azura was very spacious & well appointed,just like on Arcadia.

Just laughing about gentle stroll across the Atlantic. You want to be on a real liner type ship, not a block of flats, in bad weather.

Absolutely correct. However the choice is somewhat limited.

:)

Been on Arcadia twice, She is a wonderful ship, Fabulous Theatre, Covered pool.

Don't worry about the negative things you have read 9 out of 10 people will write and complain but only 1 out of 10 will write to give praise. We heard so many bad things about Ventura before we went aboard her and were really worried but we had a fabulous time and have been back on her again.

Archived