***live from emerald---norovirus on board!!!*****

remydiva

[quote name='Cruise Junky']We were free of it with about 5 days left in our cruise. I believe the virus only lasts 72 hours so you have nothing to worry about. Now of course, it could pop up again, but it would be a new case.[/quote]

I'm booked on the Coral in Sept for a Trans Panama cruise. I noted a link posted somewhere in this thread of the CDC list for the past several years of Noro and other outbreaks and it seems that the Coral has outbreaks more than other ships.

Any reason or thoughts? It's smaller so I would've thought it would had LESS outbreaks in that less people=less chance.

[quote name='remydiva']I'm booked on the Coral in Sept for a Trans Panama cruise. I noted a link posted somewhere in this thread of the CDC list for the past several years of Noro and other outbreaks and it seems that the Coral has outbreaks more than other ships.

Any reason or thoughts? It's smaller so I would've thought it would had LESS outbreaks in that less people=less chance.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm that's interesting. I really don't know. It was definitely an older demographic than what were used to on princess - no idea if that has anything to do with it

[quote name='Cruise Junky']Hmmm that's interesting. I really don't know. It was definitely an older demographic than what were used to on princess - no idea if that has anything to do with it[/quote]

This is the link I was referring to...
[URL]http://www.cdc.gov/nceh/vsp/surv/GIlist.htm#years[/URL]

(I sure hope the Panama cruise is not an 'older demographic' being as I'm a youthful 60yr old. There was an 'older demographic' on our 14 day Hawaii roundtrip and that wasn't my cup of tea.)

[quote name='Cruise Junky']Hmmm that's interesting. I really don't know. It was definitely an older demographic than what were used to on princess - no idea if that has anything to do with it[/quote]

I woulod say that when I've seen really unhygienic behavior in the buffet it has generally been the very young or the rather senior people doing it. The seniors should know better but seem somewhat surprised that anyone should speak to them about the bad practices they are doing, like eating and licking their fingers in the serving line,then handling tongs, or taking food by bare hands instead of tongs - and then changing their mind and putting it back, putting the flat of their hands on plates to see if they are warm then moving to the warmer stack, etc etc..............
I try to tell the crew if I see any of this so the tongs or plates can be changed , and very occasionally the crew will pick up on it and speak to the passenger as well, but not often maybe as the crew in the buffet are not always as good English speakers as others, say, in the main dining rooms.
I hate interfering but when the health of many on board is jeopardised by a few it seems necessary.

[quote name='Front Row']Hi Chris,

Where did you hear it was on the Coral as well?[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Black]Chris is correct. It was on the Coral 2 weeks ago. We were on the ship.. [/COLOR][/FONT]

My husband and I will be on the Emerald this August. Have been on the Ruby twice. Can you tell me something about her....condition, food, service. We were spoiled by Generoso and Godwin on the Ruby. Hope we find just as good on the Emerald. Two summers in the Mediterranean and now this different itinerary...any comments on it?

Thanks.

The Emerald and the Ruby are sister ships. They are the same. We've been on both. The Ruby is newer. We found the food to be similar (good) - that, of course depends on the chefs. The soufles (sp) were great on both ships. Enjoy your cruise.

Observation from our 5/4 - 5/19 Coral cruise... Many people, both men & women, do not wash their hands with soap & hot water for at least 20 seconds after using pubic restrooms.. :eek:

Observation from our 5/4 - 5/19 Coral cruise... Many people, both men & women, do not wash their hands with soap & hot water for at least 20 seconds after using pubic restrooms.. :eek:

Lovely :eek:

In the Elite Lounge between San Fran and Vancouver a guy was just helping himself with his fingers...the one's that had been through the Code Red looked ready to tackle him.

Hi There

have cruised with noro a few times never had any issues, apart from they do more cruises than I do every year.

now speak to a crew member with 30 years service and they will tell they to have cruise with noro many times but never met.

just wash your hands and keep your fingers away from your mouth.

as to cruise cards crew do not need to touch your cards the bar code reader you only need to show you card no need to hand it over its much slower if you do, for sales all hey need is your 4 digit passenger number.

yours Shogun

Archived