When should i book??

nin7474

Hi, looking for a little help. This will be my second cruise. I'm planning on going on the Liberty Eastern Caribbean on 10/29 with my fiancee.

It's $599 for a Ocean View right now.

Should i wait or book now as the price won't go down?

Can anyone that stayed on the Liberty/Ocean view recommend a cabin?

Or tips on looking for a good cabin.

Thanks for everyone's help!:)

Id book a PT, and save the money. The PT is about the exact same s.f. and has two port holes vs. one not that big of a window.

What rate are you looking to book?? All rates, if the price goes down before final payment you get the price drop, so it does not really matter when you book.

After final payment, only early saver rate (with all the restrictions) protects your price.

personally, since Im flexible, I am going to wait for last minute deals from now on. If you arent flexible ... it doesnt really hurt to go ahead and book now.

Id book a PT, and save the money. The PT is about the exact same s.f. and has two port holes vs. one not that big of a window.

What rate are you looking to book?? All rates, if the price goes down before final payment you get the price drop, so it does not really matter when you book.

After final payment, only early saver rate (with all the restrictions) protects your price.

personally, since Im flexible, I am going to wait for last minute deals from now on. If you arent flexible ... it doesnt really hurt to go ahead and book now.

Thank you.

What's PT and SF. Sorry for not knowing.

Also, is it true you can't reserve a specific cabin until you've fully paid?

Thank you.

What's PT and SF. Sorry for not knowing.

Also, is it true you can't reserve a specific cabin until you've fully paid?

PT=Port Hole

S.F.= Square Foot

I believe you can only pick your own cabin if you book Early Saver...could be wrong though on the other options

Early Saver should still be available so book that if you can, that way, you can get credit if the price goes down after final payment.

I had an ocean view room on the liberty last year. I cant remember the cabin#, but I would recommend Port Side, Mid Ship.

Try 2473. It's aft, but the cabin is much larger than average and has 2 big windows! We had it on the Liberty last August and some friends that traveled with us said it was the size of a suite..

Have the same cabin opposite side of ship booked on the Splendor for this August~:p

Early Saver should still be available so book that if you can, that way, you can get credit if the price goes down after final payment.

I had an ocean view room on the liberty last year. I cant remember the cabin#, but I would recommend Port Side, Mid Ship.

Is there a special link on CCL site for the Early Saver? I have only gotten the $599 OV for 10/29

Try 2473. It's aft, but the cabin is much larger than average and has 2 big windows! We had it on the Liberty last August and some friends that traveled with us said it was the size of a suite..

Have the same cabin opposite side of ship booked on the Splendor for this August~:p

Thanks. AFT?

Is toward the back of the ship. When you go to book on the Carnival website it should so different categories of prices:

Fun Saver, Early Saver sometimes Past Guest or Resident rates. The ES rate is usually the lowest rate available to book.

I'm going to go look right now..

Ok..$599 is the Early Saver rate. And there are only mid ship cabins under ES right now.

I booked the same itin and ship last year, about a week later. We did ES and ended up paying $499 for a balcony room. With ES you will either lock in the lowest price, or beable to take advantage of price drops down the road...either way you'll get the best price as long as you are vigilant checking for price drops.

Is toward the back of the ship. When you go to book on the Carnival website it should so different categories of prices:

Fun Saver, Early Saver sometimes Past Guest or Resident rates. The ES rate is usually the lowest rate available to book.

I'm going to go look right now..

Ok..$599 is the Early Saver rate. And there are only mid ship cabins under ES right now.

Thank you so much!! Are Mid Ship cabins a decent choice?

I booked the same itin and ship last year, about a week later. We did ES and ended up paying $499 for a balcony room. With ES you will either lock in the lowest price, or beable to take advantage of price drops down the road...either way you'll get the best price as long as you are vigilant checking for price drops.

So if I book a OV Cabin ES for $599 and it drops in price or a Balcony drops to $599. I can get the cheaper rate or Upgrade to a Balcony if that drops in price?

So if I book a OV Cabin ES for $599 and it drops in price or a Balcony drops to $599. I can get the cheaper rate or Upgrade to a Balcony if that drops in price?

ES doesnt say you can upgrade and lately if you see a pack n go rate on a balcony gty (where they pick the cabin) they have been iffy about letting you upgrade, or pay the difference even and upgrade.

They used to let you upgrade, but lately not so much on the last minute gty rates.

You will always get the cheaper rate for your room catagory, and they will match to higher catagories. Sometimes you will also get the upgrade, but a full class upgrade like inside to balcony doesn't come along often. More likely it would be to a similar OV on a more desirable deck or location. It's the price you are garenteeing, but don't bet on upgrades to balcony.

Archived