Shortest Cruise Countdown

AndrewD65

I was wondering how many if any of you out there have just one day decided I am going to book a cruise and leave tomorrow, or this weekend? whats the shortest countdown you have ever had?

Mine was 45 days last year on the Legend for a Summer cruise for my birthday.

I managed to get one booked year before last for My wife, 2 daughters and daughter in law. We booked it on a Saturday about noon, they left the next day at noon and drove 21 hours straight through to Miami and boarded the ship for a 4 day that left on Monday. Watching 4 women go screaming off to get packed was a hoot. Getting to be the hero that day was pretty cool too.

We booked 7 months in advance on our 9 day Spirit cruise in March but we happened to run into our pharmacist onboard and he and his girlfriend had booked just 2 days before departure and for only $600 total for two people! For a 9 day! Wowza! :)

We booked 7 months in advance on our 9 day Spirit cruise in March but we happened to run into our pharmacist onboard and he and his girlfriend had booked just 2 days before departure and for only $600 total for two people! For a 9 day! Wowza! :)

Wow 2 days before, thats crazy. I don't think I could get prepared in time.

I don't know how you could manage this, but you are my hero.

I live 4.8 miles from port. We have 3, 4, and 7 day cruises leaving every week. Several times I have called at 10 am and was able to book a same day cruise. Onboard by 2 pm. So far there has been an available cabin about 1/4 of the time.

I live 4.8 miles from port. We have 3, 4, and 7 day cruises leaving every week. Several times I have called at 10 am and was able to book a same day cruise. Onboard by 2 pm. So far there has been an available cabin about 1/4 of the time.

I thought these days there was a 3 day limit or something like that...Homeland Security rules??? I remember reading it in a thread, but I don't know if it's actually true. I guess not if you can get on same day!

<Note to self: Look up a real estate agent near a port> :cool:

GP

We booked the maiden voyage of the Allure four days in advance (for about half of what everybody else paid). We were on a road trip and booked it on the iPad while driving, so I got home on Sunday night, unpacked, and repacked to leave on Wednesday morning. Booked an interior guarantee and got a Central Park balcony, received gifts every evening (towels, lanyards, hats, etc.) and ate unlimited grilled lobster tails at the picnic on RCI's private island. My absolute favorite cruise.

I was wondering how many if any of you out there have just one day decided I am going to book a cruise and leave tomorrow, or this weekend? whats the shortest countdown you have ever had?

Mine was 45 days last year on the Legend for a Summer cruise for my birthday.

5 days for me !

In December 2009 I decided on Wednesday morning to go "somewhere"...asked the boss for the week off, booked the cruise Wednesday night, flew out Sunday and boarded Monday !:)

Flight from Toronto, Hotel and meals the night before sailing, Cruise and return flight for the two of us cost under $1,000 CDN. !! Great deal and my daughter and I had a blast...went to Grand Turk, Nassau and Half Moon Cay !

My upcoming cruise was booked 396 days in advance...this has been a very long countdown...don't think I would book that far in advance again.

We're now down to 198 Days and counting. :D

Archived