First Time

lwchocygrl

It is my first time on a cruise and I have no idea what to expect. I am going to Cozumel, Belize and Freeport. I don't have to worry about airfare but as far as excursion does anyone have any suggestions. Also my boyfriend is going to be celebrating his b-day a few days before I want to get him something he can enjoy on the cruise. ie an excursion, lessons on something, etc. I am such a novice and feel lost. I want to make the best of it!!!

There is nothing to compare to preparing for your first cruise. Here would be my suggestions for getting the most out of your experience.

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Give as much information as you can about your question. What ship, sailing date, ports, your interests, etc.<LI>Check out the Cruise Critic section for your particular cruise line and ship. Post questions about the ship and line there.<LI>Check out the Ports of Call section for your destinations.

You are fortunate to have found the CC Boards. All in all it is a friendly community of helpful folks.

Although not specific to your questions, you should find lots of first time tips on my webpage listed below. I was written especially for folks like you icon_wink.gif.

Vicki

Check out my guide for first time cruisers http://www.vsn.org/cruise

Radiance 6/2002

Radiance 10/2002

Brilliance 11/2003

[/b]

LEGEND OF THE SEAS - September 26, 2004

Visit our Roll Call HERE

Cruise Europe 2005 (CC Group Cruise)- June 5, 2005 on the Brilliance

Visit our Roll Call HERE

I will warn you, one cruise and you are hooked! We weren't sure if cruising was for us as we worried about having nothing to do between ports and not being in control of where we were going or what we were doing. Boy were we shocked. There were so many scavenger hunts, pool games, bingo, art auctions, trivia games, etc, that we didn't have time to do it all. As soon as we got back home we were looking up our next cruise. We will be on the Conquest soon and one of it's stops is Cozumel. A really fun place that everyone raves about is Paradise Beach. They offer free snorkel gear, free kayaking, free beach umbrellas with tables, chairs, everything! And the food at their restaurant is cheap and fantastic. Just go back to the main message board and click on ports of call. You'll see Cozumel and the other ports there. But when you click on Cozumel all the people talk about is Paradise Beach and how great it is. I haven't been to the other ports you mentioned, but I would go to the ports of call section, you'll learn a lot. Hope this helped.

Welcome to the boards. Take a deep breath, you've made it. As above go to the lines board here. You can ask all your questions. You will enjoy it. Lurk on the other boards as sometimes they will answer and ask questions that you have not thought of yet.

MS Maasdam 6 - 17 Feb 05

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2005;02;5;07;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 Until I sail away on the ocean blue

Navigator of the Seas Western Crib 08/03

Dawn Princess - Eastern Carb 01/03

Dawn Princess Panamal Canal 11/02

Some cruiselines charge for that cake in the dining room now. (Royal and Carnival do) theyw ill sing happy birthday with a dessert of your choice that evening.

On the main page of cruise critic--scroll all the way to the bottom and look for Port of Call. You can get a lot of information about what to do in the various ports. ANd some excursions are cheaper to do it on your ow. (just make sure you are back to the ship ontime or the ship will leave without you)

Check out swimming with the stingrays.

Going NOWHERE

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Miracle, February 13, 2005

Legend, October 22,2004

Voyager August 31,2003

Victory September 22,2002

Regal Empress,June 2001

Sensation,August 2000

Archived