taking a laptop

johnshols

I don't know if wifi is available in the suites or not.

I've taken a laptop on Ventura a couple of times in an ordinary balcony cabin. There isn't any wifi, but what there is, is a network port, up by the TV connection. Take a good length of Cat5 and you can connect your laptop direct into the ship's network.

If you plug into the network via a cable do you still need to pay for internet access. I'm guessing yes

Whichever way you access the internet on board - wired or wifi - you still use the ship's satellite connection, so yes, you will be charged the same.

I bought an internet package on Azura recently and it was ridiculously slow! If you are planning to email folks, write your email on a blank document and then 'cut and paste' it to save time. I bought 100 minutes and it took at least 10 minutes to just get in the position to start writing an email!:mad:

I took my laptop last month for 2 reasons, to download pictures and video off my camera and free up space on the memory card and to take ashore with me to make use of free wifi to keep in touch with the family, in the end I didn't take it ashore and I'm mostly glad I didn't, I saw very few places offering free wifi and the full size laptop would have been too cumbersome, if I do it again I may take a notebook instead or a tablet PC but I need to be very good or Santa won't bring me one.

Archived