Princess Cays Shade ???

stampinrobin

I'm so excited to not only be taking my first Princess cruise this fall, but our first stop is Princess Cays!

I'm wondering where I have to go to find shade, is there plenty available?

The blue clam shells don't look all that inviting, all lined up together, it seems if you weren't in the first row, all you would see is blue clam shells.

Also, do they shade your legs? Are they hot? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Which way would I walk off the tender to find the shade trees?

I've never seen a picture with umbrellas, so I assume they do not have those.

I would rent a bungalow, but unless you are sitting inside, I don't see the option of shade either...........please correct me if I'm wrong on this. But I just don't want to sit inside a bungalow all day either. I wonder why they don't have an awning on the patio?

Any information you can provide would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Shade Lover Robin

Look for shade under a tree...that's where it usually is!!!

The clamshells can be hot, as airflow isn't the best. Depending on the sun's direction in relation to the clamshell, you may have lots of shade, or not alot....depends!

Just find a tree, and move your chair as needed!

You won't have any problem finding shade- for free. No need for a clamshell, unless you want one. This pic was taken to the left of the tender drop off. The clam shells are on the right. There is plenty of seating for all; sun or shade.

SouthernCaribbeancruiseSonypics074.jpg

SouthernCaribbeancruiseSonypics073.jpg

Thank you very much. I've never seen pictures of those structures before, that does put my mind at ease.

So if I get there early, I shouldn't have trouble getting under one of those.

Or it looks like there are trees also, if I can find a big enough one that will produce shade.

Thanks all !

• 1 month later...

In addition to the structures you see in the pictures there are lots of areas with trees. You shouldn't have any problem finding shade. Enjoy Princess Cays. I loved my day there back in Nov 09. Wish I was on my way there now:D

• 1 month later...

If you go in the water, do you just leave your towel or other stuff on the lounge chair?

I would take valuables with me in a water pouch, but am curious how to make sure the lounge chair is still available when I come back. Hope this question makes sense.....

• 5 weeks later...
If we do the Princess snorkel excursion first, would all the shade loungers be filled by the time we get to the beach?

I can't say for sure but when I was there a couple of years ago I didn't get off the ship until a few hours after it docked and I found shade. However, several years earlier my mom and I had challenges finding shade. I think it's the luck of the draw. Does Princess have different times during the day on their snorkel excursions?

I can't say for sure but when I was there a couple of years ago I didn't get off the ship until a few hours after it docked and I found shade. However, several years earlier my mom and I had challenges finding shade. I think it's the luck of the draw. Does Princess have different times during the day on their snorkel excursions?

I'm not sure about different times of the day for excursions. I am sure they do. We did a a similar excursion in Labadee a couple of years ago and we had choices of several times. We did the first tour so we went off the ship itself and did not have to break up our beach day. Friends saved us a spot in the shade. It worked out well that time, so was hoping to repeat it.

SunnyAZgirl - it does get busy on Princess Cays so really not sure if you would get shade after an excursion. Really, just the luck of the draw I'm afraid. If nothing else, you can do your excursion, look around for shade and if you don't find it head back to the ship.

Enjoy your cruise and your time in PC.

SunnyAZgirl - it does get busy on Princess Cays so really not sure if you would get shade after an excursion. Really, just the luck of the draw I'm afraid. If nothing else, you can do your excursion, look around for shade and if you don't find it head back to the ship.

Enjoy your cruise and your time in PC.

That's what I was thinking........

Archived