Denied price reduction

mustardgirl

Anyone else have a problem with Carnival denying their price reductions for early saver. I have done 2 price reduction forms and both times they denied me saying "they couldn't locate the price I listed". Mind you I got the price from their website both times. Both times I emailed them a screen shot of the price on their website. I am waiting for the response on the second one. Just wondering if their defalt is to deny everyone??:confused:

I have always gotten my price reductions, but early on I was told by a Carnival rep at the 800# that I should always call in and have my reservation noted with the agents employee id that they verified the rate.

I include that information in my email when I send the form in.

Anyone else have a problem with Carnival denying their price reductions for early saver. I have done 2 price reduction forms and both times they denied me saying "they couldn't locate the price I listed". Mind you I got the price from their website both times. Both times I emailed them a screen shot of the price on their website. I am waiting for the response on the second one. Just wondering if their defalt is to deny everyone??:confused:

I received several price reductions on one of my cruises, so NO...it is not their default answer. Did you do the "fake" booking all the way through to be sure the price you were looking at was for the same category of cabin (i.e., an 8A or 7A or whatever)?

I've not ever been denied an ES price drop. Are you certain that you were eligible for the lower rate that you were attempting to match to?

I went through the heck to get my price reduction and this was after I booked and the priced dropped 12 hours after I booked. E- mail after e -mail my TA sent the form in twice got on the phone with them while I was speaker chewing them out after about 4 weeks finally got the original deduction but was supposed to get 110% because it was within 48 hours , gave up on that lol. Its a joke.

Im wondering if its something else ..the regular carnival prices, if you have 3 people are averaged .. its hard to find the prices for 3 if you dont know to go to fareviewer.

Not saying this is the issue, but twice .. sounds like you are not seeing the prices they are?? If you disagree, email them back, and say I see this price for a 8D, what price are you seeing for the senior rate ..or whichever rate you are seeing.

email them back and get a answer you can understand.

I submitted an ES reduction for my MIL a few weeks back. I screwed it up and put the base interior rate and not the rate for the cabin she was in. They took the time to realize that I had screwed it up, found the proper rate for her cat and then reduced the final payment amount accordingly. I certainly wouldn't have blamed them for telling me they didn't see the rate, but they went a step beyond and figured out what I meant to send them.

Im wondering if its something else ..the regular carnival prices, if you have 3 people are averaged .. its hard to find the prices for 3 if you dont know to go to fareviewer.

Not saying this is the issue, but twice .. sounds like you are not seeing the prices they are?? If you disagree, email them back, and say I see this price for a 8D, what price are you seeing for the senior rate ..or whichever rate you are seeing.

email them back and get a answer you can understand.

One time I submitted the pricing as per person (3 ppl in room) as the initial website shows and the 2nd pricing decrease I got was from doing what was shown in the billing screen during a fake booking.

I have booked our last several cruises with the ES rate and have had many (20+) price protection claims accepted. I have had one that was denied but I figured it would be when I submitted it. It was near sailing date and the balcony classes that were still avail. were one letter class lower than the balcony class we had booked.

The ES program is great for people like us who have the benefit of being able to book way in advance and know that the odds of a change in plans/schedules are very slim. I wouldn't recommend it to friends that have less static lives than my husband and I do. The penalties for making changes are simply too high!

Do your research and make sure the price advertised is for the EXACT same cabin class (or higher). The letter matters as much to Carnival as the numbers do, unfortunately. If it is for a higher class you usually have the option of the price difference or the upgrade (or both if both are in your favor.)

The rules and regulations for this program are particular and stringent at best, but I have not experienced any "shadiness" on the part of CCL when it comes to giving us reductions that we legitimately qualify for.

Remember, even if you don't book early saver you can always upgrade cabin class! If you have a 6A booked and suddenly a 6N is the same price as you are booked at all you need to do is call and say you want to upgrade to a 6N and you won't be charged any additional monies. I have a good friend that won't book ES because of the rules and she always books a 4A to start and upgrades as prices drop to what she feels is an acceptable level. We rarely pay much less than she does by sail date... maybe $50pp at most.

There are ways to make sure you get the lowest rates available, but you need to be willing to put the time in. Do your research. Check prices a couple of times a day. You are your own best advocate, whether you book through a TA, the web, or the cruise line directly.

I have had 2 price reductions for the cruise I'm leaving on in 2 weeks but when I tried it again yesterday it was denied because they said it wasn't the same cabin category. I called and spoke with someone in Guest services and she was very helpful and said I should qualify by doing an upgrade and changing to a different room and I should get the lower price they were advertising on their website. I filled out a new form per her instructions with a link to the page on their website with the lower price and they denied it because that particular cat of room is sold out. But they are still advertising those type of rooms for the lower price today. I am giving up because it's not worth the hassle for a $10 per person price drop. :(

I had an ES price reduction denied on our April Elation cruise. I had 4 successful ES price drops, including one that was a match to a military rate (we qualified for military, but our booking always retained the ES status). On the 5th price drop, I tried to match to a military rate about 5 days before sailing. I got an email back saying they couldn't find the rate I was quoting. I emailed them back with screen shots from 2 different (major) online TA's showing the military rate. Their response: The rate must be on Carnival's site. I replied that consumers cannot see military rates on the Carnival site.

The night before sailing (so no longer within the 48 hours), I got another email just repeating the same thing... denied, cannot find rate.

I was happy with our fare and with the 4 price drops we did get. And I didn't want the whole email annoyance to affect my happy cruise mood. So I just chalked it up to lesson learned. I like OKGIRL'S advice ~ call in and have my reservation noted with the agents employee id that they verified the rate. I'll do that from now on.

Saw our first price drop for our June 30th cruise this past Monday. Submitted the form for 4 cabins we have booked and received approval email the next day. Think you need to double check your cabin category and check the price using their fareviewer on the Carnival website. If you search for "early saver" in the FAQ's there is a question about where to check for price reductions. Click on the link.

I have had 2 price reductions for the cruise I'm leaving on in 2 weeks but when I tried it again yesterday it was denied because they said it wasn't the same cabin category. I called and spoke with someone in Guest services and she was very helpful and said I should qualify by doing an upgrade and changing to a different room and I should get the lower price they were advertising on their website. I filled out a new form per her instructions with a link to the page on their website with the lower price and they denied it because that particular cat of room is sold out. But they are still advertising those type of rooms for the lower price today. I am giving up because it's not worth the hassle for a $10 per person price drop. :(

Just as soon as I posted this I got an email from a different person in Guest Services and now they have approved the price drop....woohoo that should buy me a couple of drinks :D

I have had several approved on 3 different cruises. But the last one on our last cruise, they said it was denied. They said they found the rate but in didn't include our category. But ours was the only category left. But the funny thing was we also received the new invoice with the lower rate. I think they have a button to push for a form letter and they hit the wrong one which said we were denied when in fact they had approved it.

Sharon

I never had one denied until last week... I am one of those crazy people that check Fareviewer 3 times a day. I was out of town for the weekend and didn't get a chance to check it. When I got home on 3pm Monday afternoon I saw a sig, price reduction ($150). I immediately re-checked to make sure I put in the right ship/date and got the same results and was thrilled. When I rechecked Monday night (hours after the 3 forms were sent for my 3 rooms in the same class, the rate went up $30 over my orig price) I was so glad I got the forms in on time however I got denied on Tuesday. They said "sale" ended Sunday. Went back and forth, trying to convince anyone, three days of emails still got denied. Oh well.. still going still checking:)

Ok so maybe I just am doing this wrong. For instance my cruise is advertised at 864 pp (we have 4 people) which is 3456., then balcony is included in price, and so is midship, we are on the verandah deck so another 52. total of 3506 and with taxes 3818. This total is less than what we paid. So I must be filling out the form wrong. So what do I put in these spots in order not to be denied???

"What fare did you see available for your specific ship, sailing date, stateroom category and number of guests? Please enter Fare Amount per person"

"Where was this fare for your specific ship, sailing date, stateroom category and number of guests located?* "

Thanks for your help!! :)

Ok Do you know what category room you are booked in?

The price that you put on the form is the price before taxes and fees.

What you can do is a fake booking or use the fareviewer

Use Fare Viewer

Select your date/ship/ category/# of people in room.

To do a Fake booking:

Go to http://www.carnival.com

Search for your cruise.. Say you have 4 people.. Choose your room category.. see if that price is cheaper than your rate (before taxes and fees). If so.. fill out the form with the rate you are seeing.

Now this type of search will take the total rate and divide it by 4 to give all members in the room the same price.

http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/FareViewer# make sure you use this fareviewer rather than their regular website,, don't know why but it sometimes shows cheaper rates. and you don't have to mock a booking,, it's just to check rates.

price is before taxes... i called carnival before i filled out the form so they verified the drop, she told me what info to write in for the fare,, it was a strange #, i still don't know how they came up w/ it?? but it was approved. if a rep gives you a hard time, call back to speak to someone else.

I'm not really confused about finding the fare, I have no problems using both the fare checker and going through it like I am booking the cruise (which I prefer to do so I can check to see how many rooms are left on my floor.) it's just that when I turn in the form I keep getting told they can't find it, which is crazy cause it is right there on their site! I guess I am going to have to call. And now I am concerned cause when they sent me the email that denied me, they cc someone's email I don't know, so now I am wondering if some other person has my cruise information... :eek: what a cluster!

I have submitted 2 for my upcoming cruise and was approved both times within a couple of days.

Archived