November 2011 QM2 Crossings

buckirj1

I was poking around Cunard's website to see if I could do another crossing on my birthday, and found that pricing is identical for inside, outside AND balcony staterooms on both WB and EB crossings in November 2011.

It's still more than I'm willing to pay, unless Cunard reduces the solo supplement. Even so, it's a heckuva deal for a balcony (and one only turns 55 once:D). I might yet talk myself into it.

I don't know if it's an oversight, website error, or promotion, but I wanted to let you folks know since you've always been so helpful. I hope somebody can take advantage.

The October TAs have similar pricing (plus additional discounts + OBC for past passengers). For some reason RT TAs still show up on Cunard's site at/near full price even though you can price either leg cheaply.

I believe this is Cunard's QM2 Transatlantic Crossing promotion for "Double Upgrades - reserve a Balcony stateroom for the price of an Inside". I recently received a mailer about this promotion which states the offer applies to these specific crossings:

New York Departures: 5 September, 7 October, 23 October, 17 November, 2011; 3 January 2012.

Southampton Departures: 29 August, 16 October, 10 November, 12 December, 2011.

The fine print states "Complimentary Double Upgrade offer is based on reserving a Premium Balcony stateroom (category A4-obstructed) for the price of an Inside stateroom (category D8)".

So, Cunard is not including unobstructed category A balcony staterooms in this offer. Still, this seems like a pretty good deal to me, especially since the unobstructed category B in-hull balcony staterooms are included in the offer.

Regards,

John.

Archived