Marina Closet and storage

Dmgmd50

Have read a lot about the size of the bathrooms on the Marina, as well as the poor closet placement (i.e. too close to the bed) in the Veranda staterooms. That being said, is there ample closet and drawer space in the cabin for enough clothing for a 10-day cruise?

Someone else just told us that there is so little room in the veranda stateroom that they had to put their coffee table out on the veranda! Did others find the same to be true?

Have read a lot about the size of the bathrooms on the Marina, as well as the poor closet placement (i.e. too close to the bed) in the Veranda staterooms. That being said, is there ample closet and drawer space in the cabin for enough clothing for a 10-day cruise?

Someone else just told us that there is so little room in the veranda stateroom that they had to put their coffee table out on the veranda! Did others find the same to be true?

10 day cruise - maybe; 11 days and over - no :D (unless you pack very light).

Seriously, IMO, there is less storage space in those cabins than in the same category cabins on R ships. Some of that has to do with totally useless drawers in the desk.

We put the life saver jackets into the tub and used the upper shelf in the closet.

YMMV

I took more clothes for our 18 day cruise than I normally take for a 30 day cruise on the R-ship.... all fit just fine.

The only thing I changed was to put my suitcases under the bed, they usually go in the closet

Our coffee table stayed indoors ;)

Lyn

Yes, the closet is a little close to the bed; yes, the closet doors (on the Maiden Voyage now hopefully fixed) would open just that teeny bit with the result the closet light would come on just after lights out; yes, the drawers do not open as far as expected (bang) but there IS ample space in the closet and, even packing for our TA, we did not need all all the drawers (fortunately.)

I found that round table often in the way on the R ships but for us the larger oval table was fine in our Marina cabin.

btw, if you do not want the table in the cabin just ask the cabin attendant to remove it. I'd find it more in the way on the verandah

Yes, the closet is a little close to the bed; yes, the closet doors (on the Maiden Voyage now hopefully fixed) would open just that teeny bit with the result the closet light would come on just after lights out; yes, the drawers do not open as far as expected (bang) but there IS ample space in the closet and, even packing for our TA, we did not need all all the drawers (fortunately.)

I found that round table often in the way on the R ships but for us the larger oval table was fine in our Marina cabin.

btw, if you do not want the table in the cabin just ask the cabin attendant to remove it. I'd find it more in the way on the verandah

Some of the shelves are too high for shorties. My wife is five foot tall and had a difficult time with access to some of the upper shelves and the safe. The bathroom was fine for us. The shower is small but space is limited and it is not too small as far as we were concerned. The tub is a luxury for soaking after a day of walking.:D

Some of the shelves are too high for shorties. My wife is five foot tall and had a difficult time with access to some of the upper shelves and the safe. The bathroom was fine for us. The shower is small but space is limited and it is not too small as far as we were concerned. The tub is a luxury for soaking after a day of walking.:D

I am short, too and the safe and 2top drawers were a challenge so my husband ( 6'2") did those. Moved life jackets so he could use closet shelf for his shoes. Problem is hanging rod in closet was too low. He hangs his pants by cuff, or end, and they almost touch the floor and you can't get shoes under them. We had enough space for all we brought for 19 day TA plus 3 days after in Barcelona. I do some had laundry and we send out trousers and some shirts. I use the short desk drawers for items I didn't need every day and we got along fine. Far prefer the oval table to the round one on the R ships and once we got used to it had no trouble.

I am short, too and the safe and 2top drawers were a challenge so my husband ( 6'2") did those. Moved life jackets so he could use closet shelf for his shoes. Problem is hanging rod in closet was too low. He hangs his pants by cuff, or end, and they almost touch the floor and you can't get shoes under them. We had enough space for all we brought for 19 day TA plus 3 days after in Barcelona. I do some had laundry and we send out trousers and some shirts. I use the short desk drawers for items I didn't need every day and we got along fine. Far prefer the oval table to the round one on the R ships and once we got used to it had no trouble.

At 5'8", I'm much shorter than your husband. Do you think I'll be able to use the safe without standing on a stepstool?

We were on the Marina for 19 days in a veranda state room and did fine. The storage/closet space while not ample is adequate. The coffee table remained in the room and was not a problem.

At 5'8", I'm much shorter than your husband. Do you think I'll be able to use the safe without standing on a stepstool?

Definitely.

I am 5' 4" and could use it ...I just had to get DH to check and make sure nothing was left behind

I do put my stuff in a zip lock bag so that nothing gets left in the corners

Lyn

Archived