2-Week Sale Starts Today

MightyQuinn

Good prices.

I have booked one week on crystal to try it out. But now am wondering if another week on the PG in November is in order. Dont want to be obsessive....

Good prices.

I have booked one week on crystal to try it out. But now am wondering if another week on the PG in November is in order. Dont want to be obsessive....

Wow! That must be really tough making a decision like that. :rolleyes: :D

No not inclusive but for a one week cruise we get 1550 OBC so that should be enough for us. Its a really cheap pacific cruise for us to try them out. It was either Crystal in Nov or PG or St Lucia for new year

Regent is now treating us like second class citizens - I used to book a G category but now this one is not allowed to book excursions when they first come out. So in the next few months I intend to try out Cyrstal, Seabourn and Silversea.

The crystal cruise will be a rest after a hectic summer on the PG/cottage entertaining etc.

Emdee, Crystal sounds great. I followed a blog of a frequent Crystal cruiser while he was on Serenity for a world voyage earlier this year. He made it all sound terrific, especially the food. I'm sure you'll have a great time. We're intrigued, although it may be a tad too formal for us. We've gotten used to the ease of elegant casual.

All the luxe lines seem to be having super deals right now. We're also interested in Regent, but there seems to be much dissent about their included excursions and who's on first nonsense.

Does PG often offer discounts like this? We're thinking of booking for Oct 2012 but I'm wondering if there is a chance they may have sale prices later on as it is still a year and a half away.

Texed do you want to join us on the PG in Jan/Feb 2013?

My wife works for the school district, so we can only go during the summer and/or school holidays.

Darn, Texed. I was hoping we could make it a PG lovers reunion cruise.

Maybe you can join us when we are staying in Bora Bora when your are on PG and say hello. :)

Does PG often offer discounts like this? We're thinking of booking for Oct 2012 but I'm wondering if there is a chance they may have sale prices later on as it is still a year and a half away.
Oct 2012 is a long way off so anything is possible. I've been watching PG for less than a year and during that time I've seen at least 3 of these time-limited sales. They're usually on select sailings only, so yours may or may not be included. If you sign up for PG e-mails, you'd get notice of all these deals so you won't miss out.

Thanks for the heads up... My daughter and I were booked on the 12/10 cruise, but PG honored the sale price and we saved $1800. Lost $500 in OBC that were being offered when we booked, but still net savings of $1300 is a great deal. My TA said she had not been notified of the sale, so thank you,:D thank you!:D

Thanks for the heads up... My daughter and I were booked on the 12/10 cruise, but PG honored the sale price and we saved $1800. Lost $500 in OBC that were being offered when we booked, but still net savings of $1300 is a great deal. My TA said she had not been notified of the sale, so thank you,:D thank you!:D
You're very welcome! I'm glad it worked for you. And good to know that PG will match these reduced prices on already booked cruises. Some cruise lines get fussy and cling to the "new bookings only" mantra.

This will be our 17th trip to FP, 3rd cruise of the islands but will be our 1st on the PG.
I'm guessing that you're Tikiintahiti of Trip Advisor fame, yes? And you've been to FP a gazillion times, yes? I've been reading your TA posts for a while and I've learned a great deal from them. Thanks!

I think you're in for a real treat on Paul Gauguin. IMHO, there is no other cruise ship that can claim such an affinity or connection to the peoples and culture of the Islands. PG has captured the essence of FP and brought it on-board in many special ways. I look forward to your impressions. Best wishes for a wonderful cruise.

Thank you for the kind words :)

Yes we are so looking forward to this trip. I've studied the PG for many years and I know this cruise company is the best way to do a cruise in FP. We've done Princess a few times but we so much wanted to do PG. My wife is a professional videographer http://www.zelleolsonstudios.com/ so I'm sure she will take some great videos on the trip and I'll get to post a link. We love FP and it's people, have made some great friends of some of the locals and look forward every year to say hi to our extended family.

Archived